Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what set up for tubeless?
  • Ringo
    Free Member

Anybody shed some light on my problem please. I have some stans arch rims and i want to go tubeless. Do i need the rim strips or do i just need the yellow tape and valves? I have bought the stans tubeless kit and that comes with yellow tape and rim strips, i will be using non tubeless tyres if that helps.
    Cheers

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yellow tape and valves will be fine. Valves tightened by hand, not pliers or you will pull the valve through the out rim. 🙁

Put in more gloop than recommended and you will be fine.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Depends A LOT on what tyres.I run 29er arches and maxxis ardent/crossmarks.They work fine both with just yellow tape or with the rim strip.Although they are more prone to burp if you run lower pressures with just the yellow tape.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i am running arch rims with yellow tape and valves for none tubeless nevegals with no problem. its tyre dependent

Onzadog
    Free Member

Give it a go with the tape. Depending on what tyre it is, it may or maynot burp. if it does, get the specific rim strip for Stan's rims. It's different from the normal ones.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I got a lot or burps with Crossmarks. I then used a non-tubeless Scott tyre (can't remember the name) and everything has been fine.

Ringo
    Free Member

Hmm ill be running a nevegal up front with a bonty mud x at back. Anybody have a link to the arch specific rim strips i cant seem to find them anywhere? So have i wasted my money buying the stans kit at £55 because if i just use the yellow tape i now need to buy the valves 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I used some spare electric tape. Bought the valves and 500ml of Stans liquid. Didn't touch them again for 2 years.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Olympic is the one you'd need I think. However, the yellow tape might be enough.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Make sure you get the right size valves coz the fat valves don't fit my Stand 355s

avalanche
    Free Member

Cutting the valves from a pair of scrap tubes works too if you are cheapskate like me.

sadexpunk

im on my way to trying this out for the first time dood, so have a look at my recent threads here and here

but dont laugh at my attempt at fitting the tape 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what set up for tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.