Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • What series to watch?
  • mattupnorth
    Free Member

+1 for Breaking Bad, role on 2013 fair WW, and Homeland, not long for Series 2…+C4 have actually secured it just days after the US release bless em.

Underbelly Series 1-5 is worth a look, Australian, but don’t let that hold you back.

Life – A lesser known gem that again got canned after 2 seasons…even with its zen.

Person of Interest? It’s not up there with the big hitters, christ its on C5, but gets better through the season.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

+1 for the shield, it was awesome. And really enjoyed the new show Luck on Sky but apparently they aren’t making a new series 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Awake – with Hello to Jason Isaacs
    BSG
    True Blood for sh**s and giggles
    Dexter
    About to kick of with Underbelly too

teadrinker
    Free Member

Breaking bad is probably the best I’ve seen so far. I’ve watched a couple of episodes of the sopranos and loved it, so thats next on my list. Also really like Supernatural. On season 3 of that and it’s good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 for supernatural – mindless enough with rock anthems guns and swords

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

enjoyed ‘Rome’,but they only made two seasons.

and S2 wasn’t up to much S1 was brilliant though

never saw all of it but what i did see looked good – Pillars of the Earth

also, for something completely different, Mongrels Series 1 (check youtube for clips, especially Middle Class is Magical

Firefly

scud
    Free Member

Bit of an obscure one, City of Men, if anyone saw the film City of God, it is a mini series taking each of the characters in turn and giving you more of their back story.

If you liked The Wire, then look out for The Corner, which was an earlier series by same writers based in same place and many of the same characters.

+ 1 for Braquo (best thing on TV this year)

Managed to get hold of all three series of Tour of Duty as well if anyone remembers that (gave me a lifelong love of Paint it Black by Rolling Stones).

If you like military drama, then Band of Brothers/ The Pacific and Generation Kill.

CountZero

I loved Braquo, watched an early episode from part way through while channel hopping after another programme ended and was hooked. Very gritty.

Person of Interest? It’s not up there with the big hitters, christ its on C5, but gets better through the season

Saw the trailers and thought it looked interesting, really enjoying it so far. The first thing I thought of was Trapwire, the panopticon surveillance system that is being talked about; http://www.privacysos.org/node/785

iBaa
    Free Member

Can’t believe that Strike Back hasn’t been mentioned yet. 3rd series has just started on Sky.

logical
    Free Member

Alcatraz was good but they cancelled it.
    American Horror Story was brilliant and season 2 to start soon.
    A Gifted man is good too.

Or there’s the classics
    A-team
    Knight Rider
    Dukes of Hazzard
    Baywatch
    Fawlty Towers
    Thunder in Paradise.

twotonpredator

No has mentioned Damages, so I will.

Damages.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Dexter is my fave of the moment – loving it! First 3 series on Netflix.

Will move onto Breaking Bad when I’ve finished.

shotsaway
    Free Member

From next Monday (the 25th), More4 will repeat season one of Homeland. Highly recommended.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Spiral is a good one, Homeland was top tv, some really good acting, did any one see Night Shift—icelandic series set in a 24hr shell garage– very funny

Northwind

logical – Member

Thunder in Paradise.

Wasn’t that Knightboat- the Crime Solving Boat?

MSP

I am going to start off going old school

Due South
    Northern Exposure

Slightly more up to date

West wing
    Sopranos
    Life
    weeds

Didn’t like the wire or breaking bad or homeland, all trying too hard to be something special and just didn’t grip me.

And how about for a bit of more light hearted entertainment

Psych
    Town called Eureka
    Monk

kimbers

watching fringe at the moment its not bad basically an heir to the xfiles

Killing III. starts in a few weeks on BBC4

kimbers

watching fringe at the moment its not bad basically an heir to the xfiles

Killing III. starts in a few weeks on BBC4

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice heads up re homeland. I’ll be on that this time as I missed it first time round!

shotsaway
    Free Member

From next Monday (the 25th), More4 will repeat season one of Homeland. Highly recommended.

Oops…….typo error…I’ll try again

From TUESDAY (the 25th), More4 will repeat season one of Homeland. Highly recommended.

turtleheading
    Free Member

Homeland,
    Game of Thrones,
    Generation Kill
    The Wire
    Breaking Bad

creamegg
    Free Member

Strike back! Currently on series 3 but if you have sky it’s worth catching up on series 1 and 2 first (by download).

satchm00
    Free Member

The Wire without a doubt. Can’t believe I haven’t watched it sooner. I have just finished season 3.

Make sure you start from season 1, well worth it.

Controversial one, Lost. I actually really enjoyed the last 3 series.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What series to watch?’ is closed to new replies.