• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by tron.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • what seamaster lookalike watch?
  • kdrugan
    Free Member

I hate watch threads, and don’t like expensive watches but need a ‘dress watch’. I like the look of seamasters but am no way spending more than £200 – any ideas?

loddrik
    Free Member

Get a seamaster, or at least try and stretch to something like a Stowa, if I were spending £200 on a watch I would buy an ABC watch, dress watches around that budget look a little naff.

AlasdairMc

I’ve had a Seiko divers for years and have still to break it. £50 from eBay, and it has been dived with, frozen, bashed off trees and rocks repeatedly and generally abused without any problems whatsoever.

RustyNissanPrairie

Seamaster ‘homage’ watches;
    http://www.alpha-watch.com/sub.php?list=3

O&W (Ollech & Wajs) (if you can find one)
    http://www.chronotime.ch/7201/index.html

warton
    Free Member

Check out werners flying watches

matthewjb
    Free Member
    simon_g

I wouldn’t call a Seamaster (or any other diver) a “dress watch”. They should be smaller, simpler, more elegant and have leather straps, not clanky bracelets. IMO 😉

Seiko and Citizen do good ranges of auto and quartz divers in that price range though which are excellent. Look on eBay or sites like creation watches for the interesting far eastern stuff that they don’t bring to the UK. Quite fancying a Seiko SNZH5 (more of a vintage dive watch look – along the lines of the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms) right now.

iainc

I am punting a titanium Seiko one over on the classifieds – same style as the Seamaster that I replaced it with 😆

hooja
    Free Member

What on this earth is a dress watch?
    join the casio club like any sensible chap with a need to carry the time. £5 worth of functional retro goodness, you can even buy one with a calculator on it, technology gone mad 😆

yunki
    Free Member

bing-bling online – no playa should be without one of these..

boblo
    Free Member

Get a Seiko Orange Monster… £120 off tinternet. Fantastic value for an auto watch.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Christopher Ward

tron
    Free Member

What the other fellow said. A dress watch has a slim case, leather strap and some attempt at style.

I’d go for a Quartz battery powered one, perhaps a Skagen if it’s for occasional use.

I can vouch that Seikos are very solidly made and they do reasonable automatic watches for 50 quid upwards, but you won’t get a cheap auto movement and a thin case…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘what seamaster lookalike watch?’ is closed to new replies.