Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What running GPS?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Need pace, total time, and distance. Cheaper the better – currently thinking garmin forerunner 110

iamanobody
    Free Member

bump

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Can’t really do any better than look at the DC Rainmaker site (although be prepared to lose hours of your life).

Recommendations

verses

We got a TomTom Multisport (The “Runner” model is cheaper) for £100 and are pretty pleased with it.

Simple to use, not massively chunky, does what it’s supposed to do…

Only gripe is that me and MrsV are sharing it and it’s really designed to be a one-person device which means uploading the activity to the correct person’s Strava/Endo account at the end of the run is more hassle than it would be otherwise. Obviously this isn’t really the device’s fault 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I-gotu from Maplins. It takes 5 minutes or so to download the data to it’s own software, create a gpx file and upload that to Strava but it’s cheap and about the size of a matchbox.

iamanobody
    Free Member

The tom tom looks ace – is it better than a garmin forerunner 10 or forerunner 15

kirk92
    Free Member

I’ve just got the Tom Tom runner gps when at a good offer price at sweatshop. Can sync to phone via Bluetooth and upload immediately to many sites including strava for viewing. seems a bit smaller and lighter than a couple of different garmin watches which my wife has also the button interface is nice and simple to use compared to touch bezel on garmin. Multi sport may allow you to choose the sport on the watch if you use it for cycling too? I have to go in to strava and change the activity as all upload as runs (or I may have missed something)!

iamanobody
    Free Member

sounds good – can you add a HRM if desired?

sssimon
    Free Member

Just got a fore runner 15 and very impressed (£75 off ebay) easy to use and not overly complcated

kirk92
    Free Member

Mine came with a HR strap but I believe will link to any Bluetooth transmitter

singlecrack
    Free Member

Phone based app ..?

mcnultycop

I’ve got a 410. Deal off Amazon wasn’t much more than the more basic models.

paul4stones

Garmin xt310 with HRM. Seems you can get them for about £120 now. You might not think you need all that data but given you’re already asking about adding a HRM you will 😉

iamanobody
    Free Member

gone for a garmin forerunner 10 form amazon for £72

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What running GPS?’ is closed to new replies.