Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What RS fork seal/service kit should I get?
  • DrP

I’m confused.
    I’ve a set of revelations bought off here, and I think they’re 2010 models, though googling them brings up lots of different variations.
    Essentially, they have:
    -air u-turn
    -150-120mm travel
    -blackbox damping
    -motion control
    -external compression and rebound
    -20mm maxle…

I’ve serviced them a few times, but am looking to replace the o-rings and oil foam.
    Any ideas what kit I should get, and where’s best for it?
    A chap on eBay sells a 32mm o-ring kit, but not sure if that’s what I’m after, given the u-turn and BB damping…

Ta muchly!

DrP

DrP

Ok – so by rearranging the google search phrase, i get RS Rev tear air u-turn 2010 forks….

The last few questions still stand though!

DrP

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If they aren’t leaking, don’t bother buying seals. Fresh oil will see them all lovely again.
    I’ve serviced more RS forks than I can remember and only ever replaced one leaky o ring.

But if you need some odd bits, email me, I’ve got some stuff lying around in little boxes in the garage. 🙂

DrP

I think the oil seals could do with replacing (well, the oil foam ring). Any of those pete??

DrP

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got some used ones hanging around somewhere I think. 🙂
    They should be OK. I can look tonight if you like?

DrP

That would be stirling…!

Cheers bud 🙂

DrP

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The top seal above the foam ring is a special Rockshox part. It’s only a dust seal to stop crap getting in. If there’s another seal BELOW the foam ring then they are a standard hydraulic ram seal and about £1 or so each. I used to have a link to a place that sold them…. Deleted now I think. The internal O rings are, again, all off the shelf things. I measure them up and just find something similar. They do t even have to be the same size, as long as they’re close-ish they’ll be fine. But like I said, unless you have a leak (air or oil) there’s little point in changing them for the sake of it. I just wait until they go off for a proper bushing service as they do the lot then

DrP

Cheers,
    I’m happy servicing them, but could do with changing the foam ring TBH, as i haven’t done that yet.
    Any recommendations for where sells them new?

P

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Loco is the place to go to if you need to buy the foam rings seperately

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, he’s the daddy.

Dr P, I’ve got a couple of used ones. They look OK actually. I’ll send you a pic 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What RS fork seal/service kit should I get?’ is closed to new replies.