Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What roofbox?
  • bigG
    Free Member

It looks like we need to take so much stuff for this summer’s holiday in France that the boot of the car just isn’t going to be big enough. I’ve been looking at roofboxes and once I got over the shock of the price I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

It’s to go on the roof of an estate, and ideally I’m looking for a long / thin box so I can get a bike carrier up there too for weekends away with the bike.

Thule certainly seem to have the market sewn up but they also seem to attract a premium price, is it worth paying the extra?

G

fasthaggis

If you are anywhere near Dundee you are welcome to borrow mine (other than in July ).

bigG
    Free Member

That’s a great offer, shame it’s the first two weeks in July I need it for!

leffeboy

Thule have a thin one that you can get a couple of bikes up alongside IIRC. They are also nice in that you can sling them on the roof very quickly as they have a simple clamp fitting that tightens down without having lots of u-bolts and nuts.

but they’re pricey 🙁

fasthaggis

No worries .It gets loaned out all the time.

sc-xc

Same offer here in the West Mids…

falkirk-mark

I have a thule ranger you can borrow (possibly even for you holidays) I think I am off in august

bigG
    Free Member

Thanks for the offers of loans, anyone in or near Central Scotland / Leeds / Manchester? I tend to travel a fair amount through work a fair bit so could probably pick up anywhere north of Doncaster?

falkirk-mark

You not in Denny? I am 5 miles up the road

bigG
    Free Member

Sure am Mark, maybe if I’d read your username before answering it might have helped,, I’ll blame it on baby induced fatigue on a Sunday night….

falkirk-mark

email in profile if you want to organise something.

spacemonkey

Check out Roofbox > do a search on what’s available for your car > check out some reviews > have a chat with Roofbox > order.

bigG
    Free Member

thanks for that insight spacemonkey, i was looking for some peoples personal experience of different brands before i press the order button.

thejesmonddingo

You can hire a roofbox from these people http://www.yorkshireroofboxhire.co.uk/ in Leeds,I used them last year and the service is very good.
    Ian

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What roofbox?’ is closed to new replies.