Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • what roadie tyre?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

I know sod all about roadie tyres but mine are pretty well worn and look like they need replacing.

What should I get? And any bargains out there?

taxi25
    Free Member

Continental Gp4000s are my favourites. Probably the most popular quality tyre out there. £49.99 a pair at Merlin. 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Specialized Tyres on offer at the moment. £20 and £25 for some decent ones (MTB too…)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Happy with my Michelin Pro 4’s from Merlin at £40 a pair. Had a few bits of flint in them after a very wet and gritty sportive last weekend but didn’t get through to puncture, so very happy with them.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Cheers will have a look at the conti’s although I hate their mtb tyres!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ll second the Contis. I’m also not a fan if their mtb tyres but the road ones are awesome.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Ordered, they get very good reviews, thanks.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Conti GP4000s’ on mine and I really rate them.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Schwalbe Ultremos.

flange
    Free Member

Vitorria open pave

Can be run at lower pressures than your usual road tyre with no Ill effects. 320 tpi means they’re nice and supple yet wear well too. Whatever you buy, get 25mm

sq225917
    Free Member

Ultremo’s, crap wear, suck up flint like a hoover but grip like no other.

ds3000
    Free Member

Had Schwalbe Duranos for the past year – regular crap weather, glass strewn streets and no visits from the puncture fairy to date. Not the fastest but grippy and hardwearing.

I liked the feel of gp4000s but got too many flats.

atlaz
    Free Member

Milchelin Pro 4 (Endurance if you want longer lasting, Comp for a bit more speed)

mdb
    Free Member

Conti GP4000s here too, in 25mm

Poggy
    Free Member

continental grad prix ‘originals’ excellent tyre, ridden all the tyres in posts & these are a good blend of excelent puncture protection, good rolling & decent comfort…

boblo
    Free Member

Yep, Ultremo’s are the only choice 🙂 £42 a pair from Merlin ATM.

schmiken

I changed to Vittoria Corsa Evos after puncturing Contis every ride. They’re on sale at PX as well. Truly amazing tyre in 320tpi.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘what roadie tyre?’ is closed to new replies.