Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What roadie multi tool??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’m looking for a good multi tool for my road rides..what do you use/ recommend?? As there are so many to choose from….ATM I’m using a MTB park tools one….but it’s bulky
    Thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Specialized chain tool as the headset cap and then a teeny tiny Birzman folding Allen key set. It’s the same one that’s labelled up as Lezyne.
    Lezyne tyre levers too.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Crank Brothers M17; best multi tools in the business

TooTall
    Free Member

I bought a 2nd Topeak Hexus II. Never found a better multitool.

Kuco

I use an old CB M17. Did have a Topeak but first time I went to use the chain tool it snapped in two so went back to the M17.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, Topeak are pretty shite thinking about it. They come with a shitty attempt at some tyre levers, the chain tool is ****, and they seem to rust pretty easily. Multitools are the only thing Crank Brothers have ever done properly.

Kryton57

Leyzene V12. Small, perfectly formed and about 54g.

dantsw13

Get all your bolts using the same size hex, then just carry a small one of those.

If you really need a multitool, PX have some mini ones very cheap.

I have one of these, including a chaintool. Tiny, and good.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TOJWJEPT/jobsworth-spygadget-folding-tool

hilldodger
    Free Member

Don’t see the need for the kitchen sink type multitool on a raoadbike, Lezyne sv5, a lezyne tyre lever and a leatherman squirt (squirt really only for the pliers/cutters) seem to cover all my roadie tool needs.

wilburt
    Free Member

yep change all the hex bolts to a couple of sizes and carry two keys from a pound shop set. Unless your a total goon you wont need them anyway.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

wilburt – Member
    yep change all the hex bolts to a couple of sizes and carry two keys from a pound shop set. Unless your a total goon you wont need them anyway.

😆 You can buy multi tools that fit a variety of different sized bolts; it’d save you changing them all you know.

cheers_drive

You don’t need much for the road bike so like minimal. I’ve a Mt Zoom one which is nice and compact

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Have you guys never heard of saddle packs? I can fit a multitool, chain breaker, tyre levers, spare inner tubes and a scotch egg in mine.

wilburt
    Free Member

If thats what works for you David go for it, as a vegan I’m not likely to need a scotch egg and for my kind of cycling and the way I look after my bikes carrying a multitool doesnt make sense.

Pretty much the same for others I know too, I’m trying to let the op know he may not have to spend money unnecessarily, thats a good thing?

climbingkev
    Free Member

Pedros Tulio, built into the rear skewer. Never used it, therefore the potential minimal faff of removing it for use is negligible.

cookeaa

Crank Bros one which includes a chain breaker, which I have had to use before, hex keys everyone remembers but a chain breaker can be truly indispensable.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I like the cb one to cover everything, you can also fix your mates bike…

taxi25
    Free Member

All I carry is one of these and some tyre levers http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/topeak-super-chain-tool-id3525.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw1riwBRD61db6xtWTvTESJACoQ04QVh3GQhvLmttAekgSIbZHIQQ-mXoKPVdN_qE3mU_a8BoC3fTw_wcB
    That and a emergency credit card. All you need is enough to get you home 99.9% of the time thats tyres and the chain.

jonba
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus again here. I’ve used it to rebuild my bike on cycling holidays so has all the right bits. Small enough to easily fit in a saddle bag along with two tubes, a pump and a little bag of bits like patches, tape, tyre boot etc.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Thanks for th replies guys
    TBH in all the years riding roadie….I’ve never once used my multi tool ….but I like to be prepared, and as I normally ride with others….well you can’t leave anyone behind
    I don’t like saddle bags but I just got yesterday a vittoria zip bottle and my survival kit consists of…….spare tube,slime skabs puncture patches, pedros tyre levers, kitchen roll sheets ,a bag of cash and a condom…..well you never know!!…lol

I think CB M17 is the winner..that I will buy cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What roadie multi tool??’ is closed to new replies.