Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What roadie components? (Bar/stem/post)
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve been for a bike fit and need some new components- 100/110mm stem, 42cm regular curve bars and a 27.2mm seatpost. I’m after some stuff that will suit my De Rosa, and while I don’t normally care I really want to keep this bike looking nice. The Bontrager stuff on it now just isn’t right. I like the 3T stuff a lot, but maybe it suits a more modern looking bike better.

Any suggestions as to what I should get? Budget is fairly tight, up to £150.

Cheers!

lunge

I really like the Deda stuff, it’ll work on that frame and can be had quite cheaply on Planet-X and Ribble.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

3T stuff is excellent, I use it on my cross and mountain bike. Their basic Pro range is very nice. 3T is Italian so would suit the De Rosa nicely IMO.

Zipp, Ritchey, and Shimano’s PRO range are also worth looking at.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I use Zipp on my DeRosa..

It’s their full carbon stuff.. It’s nice & comfy IMHO..

Oh, & a DeRosa own brand carbon post..

Apologies for te crappy eyephone pics.. 😳

Bez

I quite like Ritchey stuff in the wet-look black finish, it looks at home on both modern and classic bikes.

That said, I’m not sure why you’re worried when you’ve already soiled it with those novelty spoke patterns 😉

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

3t with zipp bars here

munrobiker
    Free Member

Bez- I was going to comment on the wheels. If anyone wants to take them off my hands (with a Shimano freehub body) then make me a bid. I don’t know what the original owner was thinking with the build kit.

aP
    Free Member

I recently changed bars and stem in my road bike and bought 3T. I rather lost confidence in the stem though when a broke a bolt whilst installing it. Apparently the ti bolts have a reputation for being a bit hot or miss.
    …and before anyone says anything the rated torque was 6Nm and I was doing a preliminary tighten set at 3Nm.
    I now have a FSA carbon stem which I have considerably more confidence in.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

where was your bike fit and how much luke?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Apparently the ti bolts have a reputation for being a bit hot or miss.

Titanium isnt a great material for bolts (it stretches). Seem to remember reading somewhere it shouldn’t be used for stems / handlebars etc. possibly just forum b0ll0cks 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Rob- freebie at James’s. Dave who does them is very good, he manages a semi-pro team with great success and was a continental pro, he really knows his stuff. I’ve no idea how much they are- I guess around £80 but don’t quote me on that.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

If your not overly concerned with gram counting the Velo Orange stuff would look nice. Or maybe Nitto. I have to agree that most of the Italian manufacturers seem to have a more modern look. Lovely frame BTW.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Thomson on everything…

Ritchey classic might be worth a look it’s classic looking and cheaper than Nitto.

merakman
    Free Member

ooh a Merak!! Loving the seatpost teeto! I think the Deda and ITM stuff really suit the slightly older DeRosa’s oh and cinelli of course

RealMan
    Free Member

As well as the wheels, what about that bottle cage?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Dead stuff does look good. I will look into it. I do like the ritchey classic but I don’t think it quite suits this bike. I promised myself when I bought this bike I wouldn’t become this person…

Realman- that’s gone.

RealMan
    Free Member

Be interesting to see what it looks like when it’s done 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

might as well fit Thomson with those wheels on 😛

Seriously, I dunno, I’ve seen 3T and Deda and it’s good. Is ITM still a bit crap?

merakman
    Free Member

ITM can be cheap but also has some quality stuff as well I think, Deda is a better bet all round though I would say.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What roadie components? (Bar/stem/post)’ is closed to new replies.