Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What Road/CX/Gravel Disc Frame?
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

Thinking about selling my Cannondale Supersix for something less head down and racy, had it 4/5 years and has done plenty of miles, so why not change

Synapse/Giant Defy are obvious choices for a pure road frame

Of course if I go down the road of more clearance I’m going to compromise somewhere, but in the grand scheme of things what does it matter?

I’ve got disc road wheels already and a 9070 Di2 group set to port across

Evans have a BMC CX frame for a decent price, also seen an Argon18 Krypton XRoad that looks alright, Open UP, but I’m not sure if ever use 650b option which is its USP

Pivot Vault, Salsa Warbird?

Dunno, lost in a world of searching

kiwijohn

Singular Kite.

andyfla
    Free Member

Kinesis Tripster ATR

Edit – go for Discs and flog the groupset you have – if you are going offroad you need discs or you will DIE !!!!*

*OK, maybe not but they are way better once it get muddy and wet

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Kinesis pro6

tang
    Free Member

Have a look at Alchemy bikes if you have the budget. Saddleback are bringing them into the UK now. I do like the Pivot.

MoreCashThanDash

Fwiw, andyfla is not sponsored by Kinesis Tripster. Even if he mentions it on every thread. Even the “what tyre/car/fridge” threads.

One day he may even be fixed enough to ride it.

/jealous mode.

bumpy
    Free Member

I asked the same thing last week over here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/do-it-all-cxroad-bike-options

I decided to go with the Singular Kite. The Pivot Vault and the Warbird Ti were two that I considered along with the Tripster but in the end I decided to go with the cheaper option. From speaking to Sam it sounds like the Kite his a great bike as well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This.. then go find some trailz…

bol

Another vote for Kinesis Pro6. Had mine several years now and not tempted to change. Really versatile. Great as a winter road bike and lots of fun off road.

madeupname
    Free Member

Any idea of the max tyre size on the Pro6? From real world please

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Have a look at Alchemy bikes if you have the budget

its not often i balk at the cost of a frame, but they are eye wateringly expensive

anyone know whats the biggest tyre you can fit in a mason if you can fit 28’s with a full guard?

Giant, does anywhere do a frame only? got a Giant store near me ill go have a look

not a fan of the look of the Kenesis frames

benji
    Free Member

Niner RLT’s choice of alloy or steel. Well it is usual on here to recommend what you own.

bol

Dunno madeupname, but you can get full size cx knoblies and full guards on no problem, if that’s any indication. (Not that I’ve done that of course 😳 )

nemesis
    Free Member

Carbon cx frame from China. Paid £350ish for mine and it’s been brilliant

tang
    Free Member

Custom? Not sure what your feelings are to 40c tyres but I’ve had some great trips on that size. Shand put together some great frames. Genesis Datum or Felt Z series? I’ve ridden the Felt for a ride, pretty sorted.

Sam

From speaking to Sam it sounds like the Kite his a great bike as well.

Well he would say that wouldn’t he 😉

To be honest, if you are running Di2 the Kite is not particularly designed with electronic shifting in mind. I have been thinking of having a go a setting one up with Di2 because I can envisage a nice solution with cables inside some stainless tubes, but haven’t done so due to time and money constraints…

tang
    Free Member

Might be doing just that Sam for bespoked. Poss more hydraulic though, but Di2 grommets will do the job.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bowman, well thought out frames and disk/fully di2 compatible.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What Road/CX/Gravel Disc Frame?’ is closed to new replies.