Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What roadbike under £1300?
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

Hi guys looking for a road bike to help maintain fitness during the glorious British summer, I know very little about roadbikes so looking for a little advice.

I wont be racing, may do a sportive or two but mostly 50-70 km road rides.

At the moment I’m looking at a focus Cayo 2 or a wilier iozard xp xenon, i prefer the wilier in terms of aesthetics but the focus is better specced being ultegra.

Any thoughts on these bikes or anything I should add to the list ?

JohnClimber
    Free Member
    JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-mekk-2g-poggio-p-20-12-45674

A mate of mine was looking at one of these recently on a deal for £800.

Looked pretty good to me.

CRC also had a great deal on the Giant TCR Alliance at 50% off the other day.

TiRed

Boardman Team Carbon. At the price, nothing comes close. The Team scored top marks in this years’s £1000 Cycling weekly test. The Carbon is more of the same and lighter.

Geometry is more race oriented. For more sportive, it’s worth reading the review anyway. Specialized Roubaix would be my choice for a less head down bike, or a Giant Defy.

EDIT: and be sure to read the comments in the Bike Radar review 😉

paulo6624
    Free Member

Thanks guys, jolly where was the poggio at £800

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Poggio 2G

A friend of mine was buying the Mekk for £800 from Wheelies about 3 weeks ago, but on checking the deal seems to have finished.

They do seem to be available for £999 though which still looks like a reasonable deal.

Bregante

I think Costco had them at £850 odd according to a recent post on here?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Poggio on Wiggle

Wiggle have them slightly cheaper too.Might be worth seeing if they do any special offers on Sunday if Wiggo wins! Or wait a week to see if they have an Olmpics promo……..

scunny
    Free Member

Cannondale Caad10, if you look around you can pick up a Liqugas Replica 105 for £1300

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

CRC have a Giant (alliance?) half price down to 750 from 1500.

Canyon do an ally-framed, mavic-wheeled, full ultegra bike for £1000 which is the best “full rrp” deal Ive seen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What roadbike under £1300?’ is closed to new replies.