Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What road pedals?
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

There seems to be a huge range of road pedals now available. I used to use Look years ago, but what others are worth looking at?

Joxster
    Free Member

Speedplay, the downside is they are expensive. The upside is the are very easy to set up and being circular you cannot balls up your knees when fitting the cleats. The are also a double sided road pedal, they just take a bit getting used to. The spring is in the cleat and again being circular there is no spring centering your foot back, so it takes a more natural position.

aP
    Free Member

Time RXS – the cleat is brass so doesn’t wear away in 2 rides, it has float, it is secure, the bearing last a long time.

sq225917
    Free Member

Shimano SPD, huge pedal platform, low position, great bearings, and an absolute ability to utterly shag your knee,

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Look Keo’s. Thread closed..

The-Beard

Shimano – easier to walk on shimano cleats than look. Though they ain’t half gone up in price…

andyfla
    Free Member

Look Keos came with a nice cleat cover when I bought them last year – way better cleat than the shimano’s to use and with the covers you dont trash the cleats if you have to walk in them (5 mile walk mid winter last year as I shredded a tyre)

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve always used Shimano clipless (apart from a brief foray into Time road models a decade ago) and haven’t really got any reason to change. The speedplays are interesting though and a lot of pro roadies use them. Not used Look Keo’s but I can’t see why they’d be any better than SPD-SLs

andyfla
    Free Member

When I swapped I found it far easier to clip into the Look than my old shimano, no idea why, pos just me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What road pedals?’ is closed to new replies.