Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What road bike – small budget
  • mrflaky
    Free Member

Looking at getting a road bike, need to get some miles done whilst I wait for the new commencal to arrive.

Unfortunately most of my pennies are going on the new meta so have a budget of a maximum of £500.

Been having a look and was looking for some advice, I can go to decathlon, halfruads etc and buy one new, or do the whole second hand thing.

My problem is I don’t know much about road bikes and was looking for some opinions of what I should be looking out for if I go second hand.

Cheers

ahwiles
    Free Member

decathlon/btwin triban bikes are great.

roadie-ing really is nicer when you’re wearing the proper kit.

it sounds like you may have to buy some (shoes, lycra, etc.)

how about a triban 3, for £300, + some nice tyres, + some nice clothes?

ragger
    Free Member

In my limited experience with road bikes i can strongly recommend the Dawes Giro range, I use mine for cross training and the occasional blast up to peebles.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I got a Specialized Allez Sport secondhand for 200 quid ish, stuck 125 quids worth of wheels on it and it’s pretty bloody good. There are loads about and they a good quality bikes that ride well and are comfy.

IanW
    Free Member

Boardmans, the red one, it has fixings for a rack and guards.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I don’t think you will find a better bike than a Decathlon BTwin Triban 3 for less than £500 – if you’re lucky you might find the red one with a carbon fork like I did last week 😀

mogrim

Decathlon, had mine for a couple of years and I’m very pleased with it. Did change the wheels sometime last year, but as an upgrade rather than as a necessity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What road bike – small budget’ is closed to new replies.