Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What retro full susser would still float your boat?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Have still got a Proflex 856 which serves to remind me how good modern bikes are:

On fireroads and doubletrack it’s actually Not That Bad and uphill it goes like shit off a shovel but it’s no help at all on technical gnar

RudiBoy
    Free Member

Lusted after a klein mantra from when I first clapped eyes on one in the local bike shop when I was 13…So I bought one and stuck some bits on it. Most terrifying bike to ride on even the slightest decent.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Anything that Jason McRoy rode.

THAT red Spesh’especially.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

IMO the first Giant Anthem (2005-6 ish?) was the first time full suspension got good. Well, the first time I rode a FS bike and thought – Wow.

twisty

I’m guessing you’re being sarcastic?…

Seeing as it didn’t go downhill as you were standing on the rear swingarm – so was basically locked out. And was a pogo stick when sat down pedaling. Classic URT rubbish.

Not being sarcastic. I now know that it was rubbish, but back in 1995 I thought it was the bollox.
    I did at least realise that the Trek 9000 was rubbish just by looking at it.

twisty

Lots of manufacturers have either licensed FSR or are now selling their own interpretations of it – I believe that Specialized’s patent right has expired:

Wasn’t the FSR a copy of the Amp B4 though?

poah
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member

Cannondale Carbon Raven, super ugly and weird, I love them.

first bike I ever sold when I worked in dales, Glasgow. little over 3k

mcj78
    Free Member

I always loved the Klein Mantras too – just sold mine last year after not riding it for the previous 5, was “a bit of a handful” on anything other than light xc… looked good though

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Monolith

Or a Fat Chance Shock-a-billy

thorpey0
    Free Member

Cannondale Carbon Raven, super ugly and weird, I love them.

Always wanted a Carbon Raven, a mate of mine still talks about his daily commute to work in Manchester and the guy on the train next to him every day who had a Carbon Raven as his commute bike – he openly admitted having never taken it off road. Still brings tears to my eyes…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What retro full susser would still float your boat?’ is closed to new replies.