Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What replacement jockey wheels for SRAM X0?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

I’m not shelling out £30 for jockey wheels that wore out in 80km at the weekend, so is there anything cheaper or can I use Shimano cheap and nasty ones?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

shimano don’t fit.

SRAM or super bling ones darling 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

same as yesterdays question

mudpup
    Free Member

If they wore out in 80kms i would check your chain for wear too!!!!!!
    Thats what wears the wheels out usually

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Nah, the chain is fine, and I’ve just checked.

You try 80km where 75% of it is through constant claggy muddy sludge and water…

Just looked at yesterdays post, will carbon fibre ones last any better or will they get ground down just like the plastic ones?

thefallguy
    Free Member

carbon ones off ebay seller work well enough but don’t last any longer than XO original items (the carbon is really thin) that is even with the bearings rotating freely for their whole life. KCNC do some alloy versions for £27 that I am tempted to try

The standard ones seem like they have been slightly redesigned and top and bottom appear identical. Since buying replacements i check them after every ride, as its them not rotating freely that causes the chain to wear them out – and so far so good.

Bream
    Free Member

Very happy with my X0 KCNC wheels but can’t comment on life yet as I’ve only had them a month, so far so good though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What replacement jockey wheels for SRAM X0?’ is closed to new replies.