Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What replacement Android Phone
  • ackie
    Free Member

I managed to smashed my beloved Nexus 4’s screen into many parts and it’s now unusable.
    In the interim I need to get a cheapish (£100) Android phone that’s not a pig to use.

What’s out there?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sorry I don’t know right now.

Can I suggest you also factor in where the materials used to make the phones come from. There’s a few companies which are not making any effort at all to prevent children used as slaves for the production of the materials, and the raw materials coming from conflict zones such as the DRC.

Have a look.

EDIT: If it’s short term, then why not get a secondhand one?

dannybgoode

Generally any £100 android phone will be a pig to use.

There are a couple of options though that if you search around you may be able to find for there or there about. Orange San Francisco 2 or the Motorola Razr i.

Or, look on ebay for a second hand Samsung Galaxy SII – still a very good phone.

The final Android option is to look at some of the Chinese handsets. Google is your friend here (as are fellow STW’s) as some are apparently brilliant and others are dogs.

Alternatively the Nokia Lumia 520 running WinPho 8 runs very smoothly and most major apps are now available (Instagram being the big omission at the moment but there are 3rd party alternatives).

swampi
    Free Member

if you want cheap and cheerful i bought a huawei y300 for 70 notes from carphone warehouse, 4 inch screen 1ghz dual core etc cracking phone for the money

w1zard
    Free Member

Alternatively if you’re feeling adventurous, and it’s just the screen, £100 will buy you a new screen and digitiser for the N4.

Youtube will guide you through the process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZDAIgwbXk4

If you stake out some auctions they can be had for much less than £100 too.

If this all sounds like too much hard work, the Huawei G300 is a good Android phone for about £100, or the China-brand THL W100 if you can stretch to £139.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Plugging the Nokia into a Win 7 PC often crashes Windows Explorer too. Where is my update dammit!?

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got a HTC Sensation that will be for sale next week…Great working order and would be looking for about £65 posted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What replacement Android Phone’ is closed to new replies.