Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What recent smartphone takes a full size SIM?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Or are they all micro/nano SIM now?

Mackem

Dunno, but you can just attack a full-size SIM with a pair of scissors and be fine.

wwaswas

I’ve cut down a standard sim with a stanley knife and it’s been fine. You can get an adapter if you need to use it in a full size slot subsequently.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

or most phone shops have a SIM cutter and do it for free

plyphon
    Free Member

or when you get your new phone tell the vendor that you need a new sized sim and theyll include one for free that will take your number the first time it’s activated

edlong
    Free Member

scissors – just done one myself this afternoon and if someone as cack handed as me can do it without screwing up, anyone can.

Murray

Or just IM Vodafone* and they’ll send you out a micro or nano SIM in the post, first class. When it arrives, fit it in the new phone, go to the SIM swap page and they’ll deactivate the old SIM and re-activate the new one.

*Other operators are available and probably do much the same

CountZero

You can cut a standard SIM down to micro size, but a Nano SIM has a smaller chip, and can’t be replaced with a cut-down standard. Any network will happily replace the old SIM with a new one, which may well offer 3 & 4G capability, generally the older standard SIM’s don’t.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

As above you can trim/replace your big SIM with a teensy one.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 and it takes a big SIM.

dr_death
    Free Member

You can cut a standard to a nano count zero….. you just have to be careful. I use standard size data sims in my iPad and trim them down with a sim cutter I bought from amazon for a couple of quid.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What recent smartphone takes a full size SIM?’ is closed to new replies.