Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What rear tubeless rim for hefty bugger.
  • samcamsdad

Just killed my hope enduro rim, lots of big dents that I can’t straighten out to get the high roller to sit properly.
    So what is good for a 13 1/2 stone lakes regular, that needs to learn to ride lighter?

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

…pro core

samcamsdad

Does it work?

chrishc777
    Free Member

DT Ex471s, or procore. Yes, it works

garage-dweller

Theyre not light but my 819s stood up to a lot of clumsy abuse.

I weigh more than you.

I don’t think the rear of the pair I got in 2005 has even seen a spoke key.

igm

16st on a good day and my Flows have been to the Alps a few times including a PPdS and seemed to survive. Not the most aggressive rider ever but not too skilled either.

samcamsdad

Thanks for the replies, I’ll have a look around for prices on all the above and see what I can find.

johnw1984
    Free Member

13 1/2 stone hefty? Hardly!

I run Hope Tech Enduro rims and at 14.10 stone, they are holding fine. They are pretty strong rims, so you’re doing well to destroy em 🙂

Northwind

I’m only 10 stone, but I was really impressed with the toughness of the wtb frequency- highlight being riding down a decent chunk of la thuile on a flat, the tyre stayed on the rim so it had some protection but there was barely even a bruise, just uncanny. No other rim I’ve had would do that.

Having said that, more air is probably also the answer

samcamsdad

Hefty In weight and style. I’m not the smoothest of riders, some of my landings from drops and jumps, have measured on the Richter scale!!

zero-cool
    Free Member

Put some air in your tyres as well.
    Jared Geaves recommends ghetto tubeless with a split BMX tube to help protect the rim a bit more (especially carbon). I’m heavier than you and not managed to destroy Hope Enduro rims, but I like to run 30-35psi in my Minions. I can imagine f your tyres are soft enough any wheel will get trashed in rough stuff.
    Otherwise my Mavic 521s are ghetto tubeless and still straight after 4 years of rocky abuse. The Wife’s E13 rims are holding up well and she uns them with rather low pressures

SirHC

Ex471’s.

Had mine since February, used every week on steep/technical/roots/rocks, also done two weeks in the Alps (Mega/Morzine) along with trips to stiniog/revs/bpw. Rims are running straight and true, no dings (running 16-20 front and 18-24 in the rear, 15 stone in riding kit). Heard the rim strike the ground on many occasions.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Pacenti DL31

sillyoldman

EX471.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What rear tubeless rim for hefty bugger.’ is closed to new replies.