Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What rear shock with lockout?
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

I’m thinking of upgrading my current fox rp2 shock on my canyon to one with a full lockout, but I’ve no idea what I should be looking for? There seem to be a massive range of all different sizes etc.

It’s a 2011 nerve am, with 140mm travel. Can anyone advise?

poah
    Free Member

monarch RT3 or RCS have a good pedalling platform but only the really cheap shocks tend to have a proper full lock out.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Oh right, so is it worth looking at upgrading my rp2? I like it, but i’d like a bit less bob on the climbs.

mildred

Get it tuned to your preference – Mojo, TF Tuned, Loco, J-Tech can all tune it your preferences.

I can recommend a Push tune by TF Tuned – my RP2 has been transformed: tons of support in the pro pedal on position, which is similar to how my Bos Vip’r feels, but a flick of the switch opens it up so it moves and feels a lot more like a coil shock for descent. I’ve got to admit that the high speed damping is sublime on this shock.

Due to selling my frame I’m thinking of selling my RP2 – it’s fully Kashima coated & Push tuned. Just give me a shout if you’re interested (not desperate to sell but it’s just sat there at the moment).

peasant
    Free Member

I have recently brought a dt swiss m212 and when the lockout is on there is no movement at all,feels like a hardtail and it is all mountain / enduro not just xc

mactheknife

Spudly, a good tune is worth its weight in gold, i hated the feeling of the stock RP23 that came on my 5 spot so i had it PUSHed from TF Tuned. It absolutely transformed the small bump feeling from being very harsh to exactly the way i wanted it without sacrificing anything else.

I have now gone to a Monarch Plus RC3 which works extremely well with the DW link platform that Turner use.

My feeling is that a good shock set up will stop the need for a lock out, having to turn it on and off is a royal PITA and should not be necessary on today’s suspension designs.

Give TF tuned a call, they know their onions about suspension and they can advise you accordingly. Make sure you understand where your set up is lacking and what you want out of it. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What rear shock with lockout?’ is closed to new replies.