Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What rear shock?
  • simon430
    Free Member

Looking into getting a new rear shock for my bike, Devinci Ollie 2010, and have narrowed it down to these;

CCDB – £450 at TF Tuned, but it is heavy, could buy a Ti spring but rasies the price.
    BOS Vip’R – Hard to source one in the correct size.
    Diverse Dueler – Looking the best, already emailed Loco asking for some more information but not back till the 9th.

Any others I should be looking at? Shock size needs to be 222x70mm. My riding is a mix of everything as the bike is a do-it-all type, eg. XC to DH.

Thanks,
    Simon

mojo5pro
    Free Member

What about a fox van rc? Tftuned doing them at £275 or £350 pushed. Tftuned reckon a pushed van rc is as good as as a ccdb for a specific bike.

jedi

i love the dueller ti, and want one for my bottlerocket but loco aint got my size 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

CCDB air? Probably have the same problem ,getting one in 222mm.

mildred

The CCDB is amazing, & I can highly recommend buying from TF Tuned – mine was nigh on perfect. However, I don’t believe it is ‘that’ much better than a Van RC. I ‘had’ to have one and was mildly disappointed when I compared it to my Fox. Having said that, I spent a week trail & DH riding in Morzine this year and this kind of terrain was where it really shone; it was noticeably better.

I can’t recall who said it, but I can believe it when someone said you get 80% of the performance of a CCDB in a tuned for you Van RC, at about 50% of the cost. The prices may have narrowed a bit now but the gist is the same.

As for the weight – I never even noticed it over and abovey RP23 as the suspension felt so much more controlled. Weight is a bit of a none issue to me when I know I could easily shed a stone off my arse!

simon430
    Free Member

Hmm, has made me think about it now. Never really thought of the Van RC as I had the van r, on a different bike, and never really felt amazing.

Will have to see when Loco tuning comes back from his holiday and I can get more details from him about the dueller.

mikey74
    Free Member

Elka Stage 5

I was going to offer you mine but it’s the wrong size (it doesn’t fit my new bike unfortunately).

ash.addy
    Free Member

I’ve got a stage 5 on my bottlerocket terrific shock, wouldn’t change it for anything

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What rear shock?’ is closed to new replies.