Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What Rear mech hanger for a 2008 Cove Handjob xc frame?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

As title states and also how do i fit a cable guide to the bb?

smoke
    Free Member

Those are steel, and non-replaceable.

http://covebike.com/images/handjob3.jpg

A fabricator can weld a new one on (just chop it off an old frame), you can try to helicoil what’s left, or maybe a dropout saver kit.

Steel takes a good kicking. You can straighten it lots of times before it completely snaps off, but at some point you’re getting another frame.

steve_b77
    Free Member

As above, why do you want a cable guide on the BB?

All the cables run under the top tube and then:

Front Mech – Down the Seat Tube

Rear Mech – Down the right hand side seat stay in the bosses

Rear Brake – Down the left hand side seat stay on the cable guides

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ah steve_bb7 i didn’t look close enough, thanks mate.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It also sez that you should use a top swing front mech, don’t know why though.

You will notice that if you do you’ll be unable to use the lower cage mounts as the mech sits in the middle of them, no biggie really, but a bit mental

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

do i have to use a top swing one ste? not sure what mine is was just gonna swap it over. Really dint think this build through lol, oh well chainset faced and fitted and headset on too so its going ok.

steel4real
    Free Member

I take it you havn’t bought one yet ?

No – you don’t need to use a top swing front mech a conventional one will fit but will put the band between the bottle cage mounts (the opposite of b77 says !) but if that’s a problem just space it away with a few washers !

smoke
    Free Member

There’s two reasons that might be why they’re spec’ing the top swing. It’s either the seat tube flares at the junction with the BB shell and the clamp won’t fit, or it’s the position of the cable boss braze on that creates a shit angle for the cable routing.

I’m pretty sure it’s the latter with the Handjob.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What Rear mech hanger for a 2008 Cove Handjob xc frame?’ is closed to new replies.