Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What rear hub for Jones Spaceframe?
  • lotto
    Free Member

2013 model. Not sure on the sizing I require. Can I go 142×12 or no bigger than 135×12? Hope pro 4 or Shimano XT hubs?

martinh
    Free Member

Standard 135×10.

singlespeedstu

Nothing to add but hello Martin.
    You going to SSUK this year?

lotto
    Free Member

Pardon my ignorance but is bolt through not a step down from QR? Are you recommending it because it can give a stiffer wheel build?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

standard rear hub that has been used for years. 135mm qr! (that means 10mm)

lotto
    Free Member

I was looking at Hope hubs and they only seem available in 10mm as a bolt through option? Will 135×12 do?

joshvegas
    Free Member

It won’t do if the frame is designed for a standard 135×10 hub.

simondbarnes

I was looking at Hope hubs and they only seem available in 10mm as a bolt through option?

They’re available as qr

singlespeedstu

You sure you’ve bought the right frame?
    You seem a bit confused about things.

lotto
    Free Member

Yup pretty confused. My old rear hub cracked and I just want to replace it. Myriad of options to choose from and I don’t know what I need as the said wheel was from another bike that just fitted. No idea what size it was etc. From the posts I need a 135x10qr?

martinh
    Free Member

Yes, thats the one.

Hi Stu, Being a lazy bastard and staying at home this. I must be getting old.

singlespeedstu

From the posts I need a 135x10qr?

Yep.

lotto
    Free Member

Fantastic cheers. Now I know what hub I require. What rim width do I need? Looking at Arc+ 45 or WTB Scraper 45 rim. Be running 2.4/2.5 tyres. Do I need to go narrower?

martinh
    Free Member

I have a 35mm rim on mine which is great for tyrss such as an Ikon 2.35 or Ardent 2.4

jameso

Do I need to go narrower?

Not really, I’d go wide as you can, the bike suits it. I have P35 / 30mm internal width rims and would go wider on my next wheelset. 30-35mm is good though, tyre looks bigger but still has a normal profile. Mud clearance at the back with 2.4 Ardents on P35s is ok but not huge.

singlespeedstu

Got 50mm rims on mine have run both 2.35 Ikon and 2.4 Ardent.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What rear hub for Jones Spaceframe?’ is closed to new replies.