Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What Range extender ?
  • makkag
    Free Member

Im fat , Should get fitter , grind it out ya de ya da !!

Im Changing cassette and want to try a range extender and im seeing many conflicts of info

Running 1×10 with a Zee Fr mech and 32t Hope front ring

Like the one up 42t as it also gives me a free 16t cog to replace but there are conflicting reports on if it will work.

The e13 one is on sale at Rutland for £40 quid but there are negative reviews on CRC

That leaves a Hope 40T

Id like the 42T though as — well im fat and unfit

STW Hive mind its over to you for your thoughts please

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’ve got the oneup 40t with my Zee rear mech and 32t upfront. I think you can run a 42t with the Zee but it can be a hassle and the chain is very stretched. Both oneups come with the 16t cog just make sure you have at least a XT cassette unless you want to use a hacksaw to mod the cassette.

honourablegeorge

Oneup do a 40t for the Zee FR as they don’t recommend 42t for the short cage.

I’d get theirs if I was buying, since you get the 16t Cog. I user the Absolute Black 28-40t block, as it’s the lightest, but wear may be an issue with three alu cogs.

Whatever you get, the OneUp Rad cage is strongly recommended

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    makkag
    Free Member

yep got a new 771 xt cassete in a box – thats two for the one up I shall press the trigger

Talk to me about this rad cage – is it really worth the extra 21 quid and faf?

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

No I didn’t bother and shifting is fine. It’s not great with the 16t but then that’s because it’s not machined identically to the Shimano cassette.

makkag
    Free Member

Sweet thanks !

wukfit
    Free Member

I don’t think you can use the RAD cage on a Zee mech, but I may be wrong

Yetiman
    Free Member

Rad cage is for medium cage mechs so you would need to replace the Zee or purchase the medium cage inner plate to covert the Zee from short to a medium. Shifting is fine on my set up…XT medium cage and 40t T-Rex.

honourablegeorge

I thought my shifiting was fine too – but the rad cage got it back to being perfect.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Hg – my arm is easily twisted…just ordered one 😀

daver27
    Free Member

one up 42 with 16t and Rad cage on XT mid cage here, totally flawless.

Rad cage well worth the effort and as mnentioned, you can convert the Zee, you just need the inner cage from a mid cage mech.

alternatively, i have an XTR mid cage for sale….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What Range extender ?’ is closed to new replies.