Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What Raleigh model is this?
  • danbrowndanbrown
    Free Member

Hiya, I’ve had my Raleigh road bike for nearly a year now but I still haven’t been able to figure out what model it is. It has been resprayed at some point which means it’s impossible to read the serial number. I’m about to start working on it again after crashing it in the summer.

I have the feeling that it might be the Winner model, but if you know any better then let me know. Cheers.

danbrowndanbrown
    Free Member

Anyone?

eshershore
    Free Member

no idea about your Raleigh, but saw this lovely 1930’s Raleigh Work Bike at the Design Museum yesterday!

alaric

I don’t think the Winner went back much before mine, in black & gold, in which case the shifters and crankset are wrong – Winner was 2 x 5,alloy square taper.

That looks older…

kcal

I had a Falcon Grand Prix from about 1985 (second hand then) til a few years ago when it became uneconomic to repair. It was fetching black & gold colour scheme (think Moto Guzzi Le Mans black/gold)

winston
    Free Member

Hmmm

Front wheel doesn’t look original as it an alloy hub/rim. Rear wheel looks period as it has spinlocks and steel hub/rim. With that stem, cottered cranks and that rear mech I’d say very late 70’s low end model but which I’m not sure

winston
    Free Member

Bit of a composite I think – that chainset is quite rare.

carlosg
    Free Member

Raleigh Olympus ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What Raleigh model is this?’ is closed to new replies.