Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Rack Mounted Child Seat for the School run?
  • hot_fiat

E is off to school on Tuesday. He intends to ride his cnoc there & back, which is cool as its about 1.5km each way – perfect for his little legs. My wife will be doing most of the runs on her bike, but she’ll have to take our daughter (2yo) along too.

Currently we have a weeride and a Thule chariot which are both excellent. Sadly my wife cant use the weeride on her bike as there’s insufficient space. The chariot won’t fit through the anti-motorcycle traps on the old railway line. So rear rack seat it is. Arse.

Had a brief look in evans at a Hamax Smiley and their Siesta (which looks remarkably like the new Thule seats) and a Topeak baby seat II.

Anything else we should consider?

T1000
    Free Member

polisport Guppy

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Not cheap but I’ve loved our Topeak seat. Only downside is the racks are not standard racks so don’t take panniers if the seat is off

Ours has taken 2 years of solid abuse and a lbs owning mate bought one even though he doesn’t stock them he was so convinced it was best for the job

csb

Copilot sits on a Blackburn rack that does then take panniers when the seat is off.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

stealth ad alert

ahem…. open to offers?

it really is very very good

stealth ad alert over!

Sanny
    Free Member

I used a Copilot Limo with my daughter. It was rock solid and is now being used by a mate with his wee one. Standard rack comes supplied with the seat. A great piece of kit.

edhornby

Ihave a yepp with rack adapter In the shed doing nothing, if you are Manchester based or nearby you can have it for nowt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Rack Mounted Child Seat for the School run?’ is closed to new replies.