Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what quick link for shimano 10 speed road chains..
  • RealMan
    Free Member

My 10 speed connex one doesn’t fit, I’m assuming sram ones won’t work either, so is kmc the only option?

njee20
    Free Member

SRAM 10 speed ones are Power Locks, they’re not removable.

Why not just use a Shimano one!? They come with the newer 10 speed chains.

RealMan
    Free Member

I didn’t know shimano made them? I’ve got an ultegra 6700 bought a few months ago that didn’t have one, and a newer dura ace one that doesn’t have one. Also did a search and couldn’t find any.

njee20
    Free Member

Mister P would be the man to ask, it was shouted about when they released 7900, but perhaps it didn’t happen.

njee20
    Free Member

Looks like they were a bit rubbish and broke, so may have been discontinued! KMC it is then!

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok, cheers.

speaker2animals

I must admit I bought 2 SRAM as emergency links though for emergency repairs only so it doesn’t matter if they are only single use (?). I shall replace the chain soon with a KMC one so I know that I can use their quick link.

Mister-P
    Free Member

7900 had a quick link for the first production run but they were discontinued very quickly. They stretched more quickly than the chain itself so the faithful pin was brought back.

simondbarnes

The only experience I have of a Shimano power link was on a Di2 equipped Wilier. When you pedalled backwards the chain fell apart.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what quick link for shimano 10 speed road chains..’ is closed to new replies.