Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • What punishment for two young boys who have…
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Insurance job tbqfh

No way, no one will give you insurance on two kids

Cougar

If you draw over the walls with a whiteboard marker, the solvent in them might well lift off the original ink too. (I’ve done this previously to rescue whiteboards that some clown has used a permanent marker on, it worked well).

user-removed
    Free Member

Insurance job tbqfh

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the photo. My next door neighbour’s toddling daughter spilt a very small amount of white gloss on their carpet by pulling the brush from the pot.

He dipped her hands and shoes in the pot and made her crawl around the house a few times till every carpet was mangled and then claimed on insurance – the carpets were all done in through wear and tear anyway – chancing barsteward (will that get me done for trying to avoid the filter?!).

meehaja
    Free Member

Could be worse, My wife is 28 and she draws on walls with marker pens. Though she is an artist…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

get them one of these
    http://www.elc.co.uk/easels-art-centres/5590,default,sc.html and lots of paper

He dipped her hands and shoes in the pot and made her crawl around the house a few times till every carpet was mangled and then claimed on insurance – the carpets were all done in through wear and tear anyway – chancing barsteward (will that get me done for trying to avoid the filter?!).

interview with social services?

does the insurance company offer rewards for fraud reporting? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Could be worse, My wife is 28 and she draws on walls with marker pens. Though she is an artist

Yeah, Graffiti artist.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Maybe they’re hinting at you to pull your finger out and paint the walls.

Bad Daddy 😥

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Serious question – is any ‘punishment’ right for a 4 yr old? Are they old enough to know what they were doing was wrong?

(Being serious – I don’t have any at that age, but I would have thought they were a little too young to understand it was wrong in the first place).

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Andy – the whole place is freshly painted a couple of months ago.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

George – By you or the kids? 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

All three of us. The boys loved it.

tang
    Free Member

when i was 6 i decided to paint the outside of our brick house green, managed about 1sqm before i lost interest. when my dad got home he chased me down the garden and gave me a very thick ear. i never did that again i can assure you.

Diane
    Free Member

All three of us. The boys loved it.

There you go – they were just carrying on as you had shown them 🙂
    It would have been great fun – they don’t see it as being naughty – you just need to explain it to them 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

Serious question – is any ‘punishment’ right for a 4 yr old? Are they old enough to know what they were doing was wrong?

(Being serious – I don’t have any at that age, but I would have thought they were a little too young to understand it was wrong in the first place).

How will they learn if not punished?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hmm, sounds like you are confusing education with punishment here.

Spongebob
    Free Member

None for the 2 year old. Perhaps a stern telling off for the 4 year old, but they are both too little to comprehend what they have done.

You left two infants with marker pens. Smart move!!!

My daugheter and her friend did a similar thing whenthey were very little. The adult in charge of them felt very silly, but made a joke of it.

And yes, it could be much worse! An old friend of mine had a nightmare scenario when his boys were little. They were visiting some friends one day. The boys went upstairs to play. After a while the boys came downstairs in a panic. The adults rushed upstairs, by which time the room where the boys had been playing was on fire! They got everyone out and called the fire brigade, but by the time the fire engine arrived, the top half of the house was engulfed in flames! There ended the friendship between my mate and his friend. The guy who’s house it was was a solicitor, but you wouldn’t think a solicitor would be stupid enough to leave matches lying around in a house full of very young children would you?

bob_summers

i think the anticipation of having to wait while daddy asks the internet will be punishment enough.

that pic is ace. you can even see the spoon they presumably used to get the lid off.

doc_blues
    Free Member

aged 4 I decided I was going to help my old man wash his hillman imp (its was the 70’s ok) – my choice of cloth, a piece of sandpaper he had left lying around… scratches over most ofone side of the car and bare metal on part of the door before I got found out…

I think a telling off, but no serious punishment – 2 is almost too young (unless pretty mature for their age) – mine is only just learnign what consequences are, and 4 is also pushing it. There’ll be plenty of time for really bollocking them later on when they are older!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What is the point of punishing someone unless they know that what they did was wrong?

Mine was a serious question – is a four year old actually old enough to understand enough to require a punishment? He might be, that is why I asked the question, but there again, he might not be and what he needs is education about what is and what is not acceptable.

If he does it again, put him in the coal shed and give all his Christmas presents to the local hospital’s kiddie unit. 😉

Stuey01
    Free Member

What is the point of punishing someone unless they know that what they did was wrong?

How do they get to know it was wrong?
    I suppose it depends on how you define punishment. A good telling off I would have thought would be enough in this case.

soobalias
    Free Member

typical you all sit here arguing the toss over punishment or rehabillitation.

you stuffy old gits should stop trying to stifle their creativity.

*sends new pens*

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How do they get to know it was wrong?
    A good telling off I would have thought would be enough in this case.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Went for the no TV for a week option. Boys seem to have forgotten that CBeebies exists.

tthew

That’s a bonus. Got any pics?

matt_outandabout

Do this to em

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Didnt have gaffa tape.

kaesae
    Free Member

That depends, if you told them not to colour the walls of thier rooms or mentioned that they cannot do any damage to your property that would cost you money to repair, then you have a good point.

If you have not taught them this, then anything goes! 8)

STATO
    Free Member

pens are in the bin, no TV for a week and I might let them off the naughty step some time in 2018.

Andy – the whole place is freshly painted a couple of months ago.

A painted wall means that much to you? i could understand in it was original 19th century wallpaper but i think you may end up having a nervous breakdown if you get that upset over something so trivial.

TiRed

Quick telling off. Then make them colour the rest of the walls with said pens – that will take ages and they’ll soon lose interest.

It’s not really a big deal to be honest. A firm “no!” should suffice at that age.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I blame the parents…so mamby pamby these days no discipline tell there kid off in a soft pathetic tone and then thanking them when they stop misbehaving. Be firm with them and let them know there is consequences for there actions e.g remove fav toy, no tv. Oh and get a backbone 🙄

karnali
    Free Member

i would work how serious i thought it was and try and understand why they did it, did they just nt to colour something and marker pens and the wall were around. I believe that explaining why you are upset, what the apropriate things to colour are and why you are punishing them shoudl have the desired effect. i would also work out how serious the offence is and where that would lie in your how do we deal with mischief/naughtiness as a whole. If you jump in the deep end with something quite big then re do you go if there is anext time with something else. The 4 year old shoudl understand the 2 year old my know its not right, but just wants to be like the 4 year old, i guess copying is a lot of learning.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What punishment for two young boys who have…’ is closed to new replies.