Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What PS3 for a 2 year old?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Now I know you are all going to flame the crap out of me for this, so I’m going to ignore all the comments I’m bound to get.

She’s been watching us play a few games and she also likes playing the shapes game on my phone, now she’s wandering around with a controller looking hopefully at the screen.

So I was wondering if there was something she could interact with by bashing buttons, or maybe something that you could do with the eye.. Any suggestions? Apart from how dare I rot my kid’s mind etc etc.

GW
    Free Member

you just gained at least 200pts 😀

organic355
    Free Member

get move and get the eye pet.

GW
    Free Member

I doubt you’re in a hurry anyway and since PSN is down at the moment, look around for some cheap Buzz controllers (PS2 ones fit too) and download the party games for when you finally pluck up the courage to help her find some friends. ;P
    eyepet is a PITA for most kids under 3 (TBH it is even for aduts)
    Beat sketcher can be fun for a short while ie. just DL the demo rather than buy it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i very much doubt it even with a wii the kids struggled till about 3-5 [game dependent] IME.
    Golf press x type game or tekken thats just pressing buttons a lot.
    I can think of better things to do with my kids than let them sit and watch me play computer games.
    Good luck

emsz
    Free Member

CBBC website: loads of interactive games there.

I used to watch over my pervy little brov, and he loved it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can think of better things to do with my kids than let them sit and watch me play computer games

Oh fk off. She just came and handed me the controller and asked me to play a game.

I like games, Meg likes games. Problem?

Emsz, I am thinking for PS3. She plays the ones on the Fisher Price website on the PC which are simple enough. Press button, an animal pops up and says the letter, that kind of thing.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I know it’s not an answer to your question, but since it’s about £30 which I guess is a similar cost to PS3 games, I’ll mention a thing my boy has which is a V Tech console which is motion controlled like a Wii, he’s got Thomas learning games and so on for it (quite crap graphics mind). He was well away on that at 3 years old.

jon1973
    Free Member

I can think of better things to do with my kids than let them sit and watch me play computer games.

What, like letting them sit and watch you pass judgement on people you never met on internet forums?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Now I know you are all going to flame the crap out of me for this, so I’m going to ignore all the comments I’m bound to get.

FAIL 8)

Problem?

No idea your child you decide.
    John no STW is not my first choice activity for spending quality time with a 2 year old but given some of the comments on here it would seem it is some 2 yr olds fav pastime.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

There’s not much about on ps3, when she’s a year or so older there’s plenty of Disney type games that are hugely popular with that age group. I worked in a games shop and when asked this question we would offer simular advice to what the ape said above. ELC have a few alternatives for ideas. I’ve seen console that have been fed toast, controller that have had a cherryade bath, often the vtech type alternatives are not as fragile.

molgrips
    Free Member

John no STW is not my first choice activity for spending quality time with a 2 year old but given some of the comments on here it would seem it is some 2 yr olds fav pastime.

Have you ever met a 2 year old? They are interested in absolutely everything all the time – or at least mine is. She wants to do everything and anything, most of all what we are doing. To her, the PS3 looks like great fun, so why not try and find something that she would find fun?

It’s not my first choice activity. I don’t have a first choice. I just do whatever seems to present itself.

Looking at my kid I’m not at all worried about our parenting style – she’s so amazingly fantastic, and I’m thrilled to bits to spend time with her 🙂

Catflees – useful advice, but the PS3 is there anyway and she hopefully will respect it 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What PS3 for a 2 year old?’ is closed to new replies.