Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What printer / scanner?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

My printer died. It’s only used at home but a half decent scanner would be a plus.

A friend suggested a Kodak printer / scanner not least because the ink cartridges were cheap.

Is there anything else I should consider?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Any others I should consider before I head to the toon?

alanf
    Free Member

My missus used to work in a photography/printing shop and her boss reckoned that Epson were the best and the replacement inks worked very well with them.
    As such we have a Stylus Photo PX720WD which has been excellent and is a copier and scanner also.

RoterStern
    Free Member

+1 for the Pixma. Been using them for our office for a good few years without problems. Over here in Germany there are high street shops specializing in refilling cartridges for a fraction of the price of the originals,too.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendation guys, just unboxing my new Pixma, I foresee a scanathon.

highclimber
    Free Member

I’m having trouble with my Epson Stylus in that I have a full black cartridge and because just one of the other colours being empty it won’t print… in black! now I have to fork out for some ink that I don’t need to use in order to print. AFAIK this is a common problem with Epson and other companies

Stoner
    Free Member

dammit – didnt see this till too late!

mcmoonter, you can get the same printer with enough ink to last a year or two for £100ish from http://www.ijtdirect.co.uk/CanonMG5250/

(url is 5250, but it’s actually a listing for a 5350)

took delivery of ours a couple of weeks ago as our laser printer and HP all-in-one both ran out of ink at the same time and they’re a bit long in the tooth, so thought we’d go with a new all-in-one.

Its a pretty nice printer the Pixma.

z1ppy

will make a quick comment, even though the OP has bought what he needed.
    Extrememly unimpressed with our Kodak MFD, piece of crap, will not be buying another

Cougar

I’m having trouble with my Epson Stylus in that I have a full black cartridge and because just one of the other colours being empty it won’t print… in black!

When my HP does this, changing the print type from “colour” to “greyscale” in the print dialogue works around it.

gusamc
    Free Member

Before buying an epson I would look at the cost of inks and take into account that there is the possibility that only certain ink cartridges will work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What printer / scanner?’ is closed to new replies.