Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What Pressures Are You Running?
  • theaveragejoe
    Free Member

Everyone seems to have their own ideas on what pressures run best on their road bikes. I’m curious to know what sort of pressures other riders are running, based on their weight and such. I know different surfaces make differences, so base it off of your general road rides.

Where do you find to be you optimum pressure for your weight and bike weight, as well as the size tire that you use on your tubed and tubeless setups?

DaveRambo

I usually run whatever it is when I get it out of the garage after giving it a press to make sure it’s not lost a lot of air .

I don’t do optimum pressure as I doubt I could tell 90psi from 100psi from 110psi

Too soft – 70, 80 or so and I can tell, so I pump it up top 100 or so. Too hard and it’s a harsh ride so I let a bit out

aP
    Free Member

85-90psi front, 90-95psi rear, 65kg.
    23mm Vredestein Fortezza tri-Comp Quattro on Campag Shamal Ultra.
    Err… general riding, London roads, Surrey roads, dual carriageways, bike paths, country roads, Alps, Pyrenees, Dolomites…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Yak

10st and about 70psi in a 25c tubed tyre. Bit more on the rear, a bit less front.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m 83Kg and run 23C tubed. I’ll typically ride with the tyres between 90 & 100psi, any lower and the tyres squirm too much for my liking, any higher and there’s a lot of jitter on the rough surfaces round here (Dales). Riding somewhere like Majorca where the roads are a lot smoother and I’ll add 10psi to those figures.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What Pressures Are You Running?’ is closed to new replies.