• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Kato.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What pressure washer (not for bike)?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Need to clean up a few bits of architectural salvage and I’m thinking a pressure washer might be the best thing. I doubt it’ll get used for much else so something at the cheaper end. Is it Karcher all the way or are some of the others OK?

conkerman
    Free Member

Nilfisk.

Consumer karchers are crap nowadays, plastic valve blocks and the like.

ffej
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a VAX 2500 W washer as with their sale and a discount voucher managed to get it down to 140 quid. Early days, but it’s pretty powerful and came with a huge range of attachments – and long hose!

If you end up going for a Karcher, they are currently 20% off at Homebase.

Jeff

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hire one?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My nilfisk was garbage. Attached hose and the connector broke. Got another, broke. Put a brass one on. Blew the internal pipe before the connector.

somouk
    Free Member

Nilfisk for me, had loads ranging from the cheapest to some of the really high end units and all have been good.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Unless you’re going to use it loads I agree with sharkbait…hire one or pay for proper blasting of whatever needs cleaning up.
    I have a Karcher that’s doing okay and it’s only my second in thirty years…..the other seemed to have packed up after lending it out to friends and family!!!.
    It’s a midrange unit but the power lance will strip the skin off your hands if you are careless/reckless…..I know from a very painful lesson! 😆

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

my karchers doing great thanks. Most people dont know that you need to run the water through pressure washers first or you burn out the pumps as they air lock in the pump heads. Works great on bike too with pressure set lower.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Nilfisk for me – can’t remember what I paid though but it was much cheaper than the Karcher.

Does the job – used on patio and car not on bike (don’t trust myself)

Pawsy Bear has me worried now though, is this part of the installation instructions or an add on?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Kranzle, end of thread if you have the money 🙂

Kato

+1 Nilfisk.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What pressure washer (not for bike)?’ is closed to new replies.