Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What pressure to run for muddy, rooty xc races
  • lewie
    Free Member

Hi all just wanted a little advise on recommended pressure. I hav a scott scale with tubeless nobby nick tyres. I weight approx 11.5 stone, wat do you think is a resonable pressure to run to make the most of muddy, rooty conditions with the odd fire track. like to hear your thoughts cheers

wwaswas

your best bet is probably to take your bike and a track pump to somewhere with the sort of conditions you’ll be racing in and spend half an hour experimenting.

You’ll find what works for you and understand why you’ve ended up where you are so you can make adjustments depending on conditions in the future?

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

26.21 psi
    I would say it depends on your confidence and level of skill when traversing roots etc… are you comfortable with a little sideway action?

FuzzyWuzzy

Does depend a bit how you ride (i.e. do you launch gracefully over roots or just clatter through them leaving the bike to do the work)? I’d have thought mid 20’s would be in the right ballpark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What pressure to run for muddy, rooty xc races’ is closed to new replies.