• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What press fit 30 cranks?
  • kiwicraig

Just reading the Hope cranks thread reminded me I need to get some new cranks. I’m running an adapter on my carbon covert from press fit 30 to standard BB but it’s crappy and lets it all sorts of muck.

Any suggestions on affordable PF30 cranks? When I initially looked they were all ridiculously expensive hence the adapter. I’m running 1×10.

z1ppy

Something 2nd hand? Most comments on here about PF30 seem to suggest they’re dumping their Cranks & going back to std BB/adapters. I bought an inexpensive dual ring PF30 SRAM 1400 crankset (Unused OEM of ebay) a while back to replace a E-13 TRS single ring setup, as it was cheaper than buying a dual ring spider for the E-13. I did hear that the SRAM (x9) stuff is becoming more expensive as you can dump the spider & fit direct chainrings (iirc)

..and in a classic STW move.. Are a set of scuffed E-13’s of any interest to you? (Does use a proprietary BB but now they come with a 12mnth warranty)

kiwicraig

The postage to NZ is probably more than the cranks so I’ll pass, but thanks Zippy.

Looks like I might be sticking with the adapter for now.

aP
    Free Member

Isn’t PF30 becoming a dead end now? All these trillions of new standards are really putting me off, The next frame I buy will have a standard BSA BB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What press fit 30 cranks?’ is closed to new replies.