Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • What present to get the wife for her 40th…??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

What did you do guys??
    My wife is a fussy cow….no jewellery , clothes, bikes, red letter days or electrical devices ( I know this coz she gave me a bad look when I asked her if she wanted a new Hoover …)
    So I need something …well I ain’t got a clue…

I got 7 days left!!

johnx2
    Free Member

long weekend in Nooo Yoik (wooh hoo!)

with me (doh…)

(editing to say that was for my wife, not what I’m proposing for yours)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trip to Center Parcs?

fasthaggis

New partner that has some imagination 😛

onandon
    Free Member

Expensive watch 🙂

Cougar

If she doesn’t like having stuff or doing stuff you’re pretty snookered, that’s pretty much all bases covered. Have you considered divorce papers perhaps?

Does she have any hobbies that you could get a new whatever-it-is-she-uses for it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Expensive scarf? 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trip to the oxo tower?

binners

A nice classy, exquisitely handcrafted timepiece is where its at. Apparently….

growinglad
    Free Member

New partner that has some imagination

🙂

Fancy watch?

My wife can be a bit difficult…

Plus, it’s not easy to find things she’ll likes as a surprise, was lucky to find something that ticked all the boxes, Still a bit pricey, but well worth it. She loves it and it will outlast us…..She did mention whether I had an heirloom in mind for our daughter when I bought it….I just pointed out that I was left without choice after she bought me a lovely Ti frame for my 40th….win win 🙂

growinglad
    Free Member

Oppphhhh, that is proper class right there binners….I can see you are a man of impeccable taste 😉

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Bought mine a piano for her 40th (could have bought a bike for that much!).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Botox.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I know this is a controversial suggestion, but have you considered a bike?

leythervegas
    Free Member

My Mrs hit 40 a couple of months back. I was really struggling to get her anything due to her being a bit like your wife ie not really into anything material and I didnt have a lot to spend so I organised a surprise birthday meal in a posh local pub. She thought it was just me and her but I got a dozen of her mates to join us and she loved it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Awww… 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Dentures

mrchrispy

pearl necklace?

ktaylor
    Free Member

Got my wife a night in a castle (away from the kids). It went down very well. However I fear I enjoyed the battlements and suits of armour more than she did though.

Harry_the_Spider

Heated wing mirrors.

allfankledup

The mrs wanted something for the garden, so she ended up with a garden bench

If that type of thing doesn’t go down well then a new patio might be the simplest route

sandboy

The wife was 40 in February last year and like you, I had no idea what to buy her. I know that she loves to spend time with her friends which is not always easy as many are spread across the country. I found a big country house in Suffolk which could accommodate everyone and brought some very nice food and drink for the weekend. I had a good foil which everyone worked with so when we arrived at the house, everyone else was there. Granted, it cost me a fair penny but she loved it and memories are always better than possessions. All of her friends really appreciated it as well. Oh, I just read that you only have 7 days. Good luck!!

onandon
    Free Member

This thread should give you some ideas.

How about a hair shirt, an Audi, some knives, coffee making equipment ,a nuclear weapon or wood burner.
    You’re welcome 🙂

stumpy01

Day trip to London?

Trip on the Eye
    Afternoon Tea at Claridge’s
    Dinner & Theatre in the evening.

Or weekend break to a European city?

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s my wife’s this year (and our 10th wedding anniversary shortly after) so I have organised a surprise dinner party for us + eight close friends as she isn’t much into partying and with both her brothers living overseas (and unable to make it) I think she will actually be a bit sad if we had a big family party and they weren’t there.

The weekend after I am taking her to London for a weekend without the kids and a trip to Haddon Gardens to choose her own eternity ring (which she has hinted at several times over the last few years).

mattbee

Mine is 40 on the 20th of Jan.
    She doesn’t want a party, or anything ‘expensive’. I asked her what she wanted to do for it rather than a party and she has decided 40 different days away to places we haven’t been before, spread out over this year.
    She’s in for yet another arthroscopy and having her patella scraped again next week, so I’m paying for her to have some sessions with a cycling specific physio like what proper pros use so she can get back on the bike quicker. Romantic, eh?
    I’ve bought her some nice chocolates too, as you can’t go wrong with them!

McHamish
    Free Member

A top tip for future reference

Every time my wife says she likes something, I make a note of it in my phone.

Then come birthday/Christmas etc, I buy stuff of the list.

Although, sometimes she lies, for example “I love yellow handbags”, 6 months later at Christmas “I don’t like yellow handbags, can I return it?”.

I might start logging the time and place to use as evidence.

Sorry…doesn’t help with your question really.

johndoh
    Free Member

My wife once said we needed a new toilet seat.

Guess what she got come her birthday…

cheekyget
    Free Member

Ha ha ha….some great tips cheers
    i think I’m going to try and book centre parcs………any other back ups??

I don’t know what’s up with some girls…if I was asked what I want….well where do I start…..for a start ..that watch from binners!! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

think I’m going to try and book centre parcs………any other back ups??

😆

johndoh
    Free Member
    onandon
    Free Member

centre parcs ay 🙂

Damn, seconds too late 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some new headphones?

rOcKeTdOg

A baby

fruitbat

My wife’s birthday on 6th Jan, she’s getting some Easton EC70 handlebars, 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A baby

Unlikely if he’s taking her to Center Parcs.

Rockape63
    Free Member

.any other back ups??

not Center parcs….good grief no! (sorry Flashy!)

New York was BY FAAAAR a better suggestion.

trust me on this 8)

beefheart
    Free Member

Coke and hookers FTW!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

New York was BY FAAAAR a better suggestion.

Woooooooooosh!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Woooooooooosh!

oh! 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘What present to get the wife for her 40th…??’ is closed to new replies.