Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What present for my mother's birthday?
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

It's my mum's birthday next week. She'll be 58.

She's into horses, doing up houses, France, travel and travel writing, good food/cooking, van morrison, dire straits and stuff like that.

I got her horse riding gloves and a thermal for christmas which were much appreciated but I'm a bit stumped now. She'd love to go hot air balloning or hang gliding but I'm too skint at the moment to afford that.

My brother has already suggested horse meat. And I don't think my dad would be too happy about any "generous offers" from the stw massiv.

Any bright ideas?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Rally driving experience? Day at the races? (Night on the tiles?)

thomthumb
    Free Member

beauty treatments/ massage etc.

rob2
    Free Member

a horse p@rn movie set in an old house in france?

mtbmaff
    Free Member

A day with Jedi seems quite popular 😀

wonnyj
    Free Member

Horse trials is a good suggestion, come to think of it, its near perfect. Thanks.

If jedi did horses, i reckon she'd be into it!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Subcription to good food magazine … and if you have club card points you may be able to use those if you are skint!!
    SAve the hot air balloon ride for her 60th, something special and to remember! Dad got a Lotus Exige driving experience for his 60th.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

3 day eventing is all good, but if you must, please make sure you get her tickets to the Members Enclosure at Burghley. Badminton is so very nouveau, donchaknow…

Seriously, though, Burghley usually gets much better competition and is a lot more chilled than Badminton. Oh, and the breakfast in the Members is a dream!

Bunnyhop

http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.com/

Nice bags made by 2 old bags from STW.

Cletus

If she does not yet have one a decent digital radio – e.g. Pure Evoke – may go down well.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Cashmere socks from the White Company. A guaranteed hit.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Funnily enough she got me a Pure One Mini for Christmas, but tbh she's pretty happy with R4 and van morrison's back catalogue. She did like the Calexico album I got her a while back.

I might ask for an in car DAB for my birthday.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Bunnyhop I'm liking those bags! Definately a present idea or just a good purchase.

Bunnyhop

Aww thanks Munge-chick. We'll be starting our summer collection soon.

Did ask nbt to tell you about the blog when he rode with you in Oxford a few weeks ago. Typically he forgot.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha ha think we were all slipping and sliding around in the mud, did he enjoy his trip with us Oxford lot? I hope so! There was a huge group out .. I haven't been out since 😥

Bunnyhop

He sure did.

Oh no hope you get out soon. I'm in the same position, been off the bike for 2 months now. We're buying a tandem on Tuesday, now that's a hoot to ride.

Sorry for the hijack.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What present for my mother's birthday?’ is closed to new replies.