Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what precautions should i take when ordering online?
  • racefaceec90

sorry to be long winded/an idiot,but have just got an escape mastercard (a pay as you go type credit card.i didn’t know that these existed until now.) in the not too distant future,i am planning on getting a vintage v100 afd paradise guitar £370 r.r.p. now i know that it is always preferable to buy local,but have just seen the guitar for sale here http://www.imuso.co.uk/Electric-Guitars/19795-/Vintage-V100AFD-Paradise-Appetite-For-Destruction–Slash-Electric-Guitar .as you can see it is £100 cheaper (and as i am unemployed at present,it would be a great help)i was planning on ordering a decent gig bag as well,to protect in transit,as well as order a vox vc 20+ amp afterwards.have never had a credit card before/ordered online myself.any advice would be much appreciated. 🙂

damo2576
    Free Member

you’ve never ordered on line before?! welcome to the 21st century!

iDave
    Free Member

don’t stand on your head if the water is knee deep, otherwise, fill yer boots

wwaswas

If they take Paypal you could go down that route.

Otherwise – they’re based in Surrey and might do cahs on collection if yopu’re near them?

Failing that – have a hunt roudn and see if there’s any views on google positive or negative.

BoardinBob

If you can just give me your bank details

woody2000

With a regular credit card, the credit card company may be responsible for making sure you get your goods. If the same protection applies to a PAYG card (how can that be credit?), then you should be ok. As mentioned, a quick google of the name of the compnay you’re buying from should throw up any issues with them.

donsimon
    Free Member

Definitely wear a condom and rubber gloves, wellington boots might help, but it’s more a question of taste.

racefaceec90

thanks for the advice (have literally just arrived in 21’st century 😉 have just upgraded to a basic account (from an instant saver that i have had,so i am well behind the times 😀

leffeboy

if you’ve never heard of or used that particular supplier before and they are much cheaper than everyone then a wee google of their name and ‘problems’ never does any harm. Not saying they are dodgy, I would just check first

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Assuming you’re in the UK your payg credit card (presumably a prepaid visa or mastercard) isnt a “credit” card and therefore doesnt give you any of the protection that a traditional credit card would (consumer credit act etc). You’re still covered by distance selling regs though.

Basically your payg card is the same as sending cash in the post – so be a little more careful I guess.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

The Escape Prepaid MasterCard is not a credit card

From their site, so basically it’s a reverse debit card, you pay money into it, then use it (like a pre pay sim card for your phone). Suppose a good idea in some respects.

racefaceec90 – I’d say with that card you’ll have no comeback with the credit card company if the goods don’t turn up. Anything over £100 on a proper card is covered and the credit card company will basically sort you out if it all goes horribly wrong.

If you really want to safe I’d suggest maybe getting a pukka c/card just for this purchase.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what precautions should i take when ordering online?’ is closed to new replies.