Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What power gels do you use
  • ben10
    Free Member

Hi all iv been using sis gels wile ridding for a number of years. But lately there not agreeing with me so I’m wondering what Else is out there and what people are using

jonk

Zipfit for me. They are like two SIS gels in one and oh the bakewell tart flavour yum!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mule Salted Caramel (Which is just awesome!) or Torq Raspberry Ripple or Apple Crumble.

nickhart
    Free Member

Torq rhubarb and custard. Really gentle on my gluten/pine nut/beef sensitive stomach!

househusband

CNP Stuff (gels and drink powders) are nicely palatable and subtle.

scotroutes

Just recently tried the Torq Apple Crumble and it’s yummy. Rhubarb and Custard was my previous favourite. Can’t take any SIS product as it makes me ill.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Torq, pretty much every flavour or Wiggle blackcurrant

njee20
    Free Member

Torq or High 5 for me. The former are nicer, but I always seem to have loads of the latter. Raspberry Ripple and Strawberry Yoghurt Torq are incredible.

jonba
    Free Member

Unless I’m actually racing and the convenience of gels is worth while any sugary sweets will do for me – haribo, jelly babies, wine gums.

Currently running through a batch of high5 gels but I’ve had a few Torq and Zipvit ones and like the flavours so will probably go for those next. Torq products have always agreed with my stomach more than others.

ben10
    Free Member

It’s more the viscosity that I’m not keen on

onandon
    Free Member

Torq or high5 ISO gels

JEngledow
    Free Member

Having had a few recent issues with gels, where I’ve ended up covered in a nasty sticky mess that mats in my leg hair and looks like an unfortunate bodily fluid on the front of my shorts, I now use clif bar shot bloks which I find far easier to eat on the bike.

cp

High 5 isogels for me. Water-like consistency and good taste. Very easy on my stomach too… Unlike SIS stuff.

Ribble are doing 50 for 14 quid at the moment. Spend 15 for free post.

Edit – sold out

chipster

Torq rhubarb and custard works for me. My mum likes them, too.

jonba
    Free Member

There are energy chews about as well. Had some powerbar ones as a free sample that were nice.

scaredypants

Clover

Torq here – practically all of them! Rasberry ripple, black cherry yogurt, rhubarb and custard… and the guarana based ones (banoffi pie and forest fruits) are all great.

Also like Clif blocks, Honey stinger block type things and also the Honey stinger gels are pretty good if you can actually get hold of them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jelly beans = toothache for me.

Zip fit best vfm and i like them too.

I only use them .when racing tho

ferrals
    Free Member

High 5 citrus flavour for me 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Do sweets really work as good as the gels?

dufusdip
    Free Member

Cashews/Raisens or Skittles/Jelly Babies at a push, but don’t gels give a massive high followed by a crash?

welshfarmer

I use organic baby food fruit dessert sachets. Not quite as energy dense as the gels (but not far off) and only 60p from Aldi. Taste better than the gels and easily digested and 100% natural.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What power gels do you use’ is closed to new replies.