Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what post to replace creaky Thomson on Soul ?
  • iainc

My reverb is off for warranty so I popped a brand spanking Thomson Elite, which I had for just such an occasion, onto my Soul. Its loaded up with Tacx assembly paste and a Thomson clamp, at the correct 2.8Nm torque but its creaking something awful. Soul is current (26) frame so 31.6 dia post. So looking for a new ‘spare’ post and will sell the Thomson. Want an inline one, any recommendations for decent non creaky fit ones ?

My reverb doesn’t creak at all !

iainc

I have an EA70 in my basket, anyone using this on a Soul and creakage ? 😀

teenrat

I have a mk 1 soul, so its a 27.2, but i use an on one twelfty. For the price, i cant find a better post on the market. Its solid, well made and doesnt creak.

iainc

Thanks for that, good price too !

Any others ?

Northwind

I’ve always liked Raceface posts, had an old Next SL and a cheaper XC one, both very good. But Twelvety is great value and nicely made.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’d agree with the raceface comments, 2 of my mates have bent twelftys and they’re not exactly heavy

iainc

Raceface xc looks decent and £24, so think will go with that, many thanks all

robland
    Free Member

+1 for raceface

iainc

Raceface xc ordered 😀

iainc

Raceface works a treat and creak free. Thomson creaked with a variety of carbon pastes, I think it must be something to do with the ridges on it… Same clamp, saddle etc. Thomson now sold and Raceface on standby for next time my reverb breaks 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what post to replace creaky Thomson on Soul ?’ is closed to new replies.