Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What pocket pump…
  • Kryton57

…for road and MTB that doesn’t undo valve cores…?

Whats good?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Emergency pump or one that you’ll use regularly?

If emergency, I got the mini lifeline one from wiggle that also does CO2. It’s tiny but has been reliable and I have had to pump up a few road and CX tyres from zero with it, takes a while but it’s perfectly doable. And it was less than a tenner.

If wanting to spend more then the fancy pocket one from Silca 🙂

Kryton57

Emergency. I usually carry CO2.

I did look at the Lifeline one’s but theres several reviews of failures, although at £8.80…

Topeak Pocket Rocket DX II for £11.69?

molgrips
    Free Member

I have this. Really surprisingly good, and I’ve used a fair few over the years. More suited to road as it’s pretty narrow, but that makes it easy to get hard.

The plug that goes in the valve hole is water tight, and the rubber ring halfway down keeps water out but also stops the top rattling so it’s silent when attached to a frame.

tjagain

I use a pocket rocket. Takes a zillion pumps to blow up a tyre but its nice and light and never let me down. Lives on a frame clip on the bike

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got a Crank Brothers Sterling S. Wasn’t the cheapest, but really nicely made and solid, and switchable between HVLP and LVHP. The HV is, err, relative, so it still takes a long time to inflate, say, a 2.4, but it’s faster than a lot of small pumps I’ve tried.
    Plus it’s bloody tiny!

cdoc
    Free Member

The Birzman Apogee is nice to use. Pretty compact and no worse than most in terms of volume.

teamslug
    Free Member

That FWE one in the pic from molgrips above is same as planet x phart skeet. Ive got one and its been ok. Normally carry co2 but dont have seem to have many punctures……said it now haven’t I 🙄

Kryton57

Tempted by Molgrips suggestion, but I do like Birzman products…

molgrips
    Free Member

That FWE one in the pic from molgrips above is same as planet x phart skeet.

Looks like it’s made by the same people but mine is telescopic, which really helps. And unlike the last time I bought a telescopic one (circa 1994) it’s really stable and not flexy when fully extended.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

CO2 with as many carts as spare tubes. Couple that with checking before you leave it’s done me well for the last few years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What pocket pump…’ is closed to new replies.