Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Phone? I cant make a decision…
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

My brother has offered me an iphone 3gs 16gb in very good condition for about £75 less than they’re going for on the bay. If I go down this route it will be on sim only deal. However I am also tempted by some of the 12 month contract deals for phones like the Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation/XE etc. I really don’t know what to do!

lovetoride
    Free Member

anyone?

dan1980
    Free Member

Have a look at this, decide which OS does best in the things you’re likely to be doing the most, and choose the appropriate phone….

I’ve stuck with android since it came out, and currently have a Galaxy S2. I’ve tried friends iphones, and just don’t get on with them. Personal preference and all that…

convert

Buy the 3gs – put it on 30 day contract – see if you like it. If you do, stay as you are, if not sell it on without a loss (probably) and look for something new better informed.

fwiw – just bought an iphone 4s after a year with a iphone 3g. Basically its the same thing but the extra speed and the better camera and whole icloud thing have made it worth the extra (just) for me.

z1ppy

I’m still very happy with my 3GS*, but it’s really quite old for a phone and the battery life was never great to start with. As a device it ace and I won’t be without a smart phone, but they aren’t for everyone – friend had a 4, didn’t use the functions enough to make it worthwhile, so sold it and went back to a std phone.
    Pure and simply I’d be equating the cost of the phone and say a £10 a month giffgaff contract against what you can buy the like of a Galaxy S2 (or such like), and bearing in mind they will be faster phones.
    Though it maybe you don’t need the latest all singing and dancing options, so maybe a cheap apple will be just the job, as they are quite brilliant and ‘just doing the job’.

* I will mention the fact that my own 3GS is rubbish as a phone where we live, but no one else complains of these problem so it must be just me…

lovetoride
    Free Member

Dan1980, than site is very useful thanks. A rolling contract would seem like the way to go for the time being!

lovetoride
    Free Member

If not can always get an Android new phone on a contract.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Phone? I cant make a decision…’ is closed to new replies.