Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What PAYG Data Only SIM
  • Matt24k
    Free Member

I will be in the UK for 1 month and I need a SIM for my mifi device.
    It needs to be 3G data only, pay as you go with online top ups and have at least 3GB of data allowance.
    I’m looking at Gif Gaf.

nbt

Giffgaff use the 02 network, so use a coverage checker to ensure that you will be able to get signal – they;re fine in most populated areas but if you;re travelling you might struggle, e.g. coverage for me is not great in North Yorks whe i visit family, and coverage in scotland is also patchy once you get up to the Highlands

sharkbait
    Free Member

Is your mifi unlocked? My 3 one is locked (although it may be possible to unlock it).

I just buy a new sim from ebay when the old one runs out. Great devices – keeps the kids happy in the car with the ipad/ipods!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

Go to a Three store and buy a 3GB starter SIM for £20.49. The data is valid for three months, but you can use it all in a month is you so choose then buy another SIM. It works out cheaper than topping up and paying £10 for a GB each month.

jamj1974

Giffgaff works for me.

joeyj
    Free Member

Stick with three but buy the 3 gb card from ebay last one I bought about a month ago was £11 in the three store they are £20

sharkbait
    Free Member

Go to a Three store ebay and buy a 3GB starter SIM for £20.49 10.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Online is fine if you want to do it that way, but having the high street as an alternative is good as well, even if the costs are higher. The OP is a visitor to our septic isle, they may stay longer than planned or use the data faster than expected.

andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

sharkbait, care to share a link to that particular seller?

sharkbait
    Free Member
    andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

Thanks very much!

Matt24k
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Mifi is unlocked. Some good info there. I am a UK citizen currently domiciled overseas and my UK house with broadband is let. So I get to go to the UK and stay in the possibly the only Travel Lodge in the London area without wifi. Poor planning but it is close to my storage facility where my bike lives and boy am I looking forward to getting out on it!

Matt24k
    Free Member

I went with this ebay item
    A 3GB pre loaded 3 network data only SIM with 90 days expiry for £13.95.
    A little more expensive that sharkbait’s but a whole lot less fannying around.

wallop

I get my 3 3gig/3 month sim from amazon for about £11.

sharkbait
    Free Member

A little more expensive that sharkbait’s but a whole lot less fannying around.

Haha…. I should have looked at the listing shouldn’t I?! Just to confirm… I just buy a sim off eBay – not the weird thing that I actually linked to (in haste).

Matt24k
    Free Member

Here’s the link to link to the cheaper Amazon deal
    3 3G 3GB

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What PAYG Data Only SIM’ is closed to new replies.