Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What paper/card should I choose for printing flyers…?
  • DrP

Looking at getting some flyers printed – A5 size.
    Got the design all done, and just looking into printing them.

It’s really to be posted through letterboxes etc etc
    What is the recommended paper weight?
    It seems 135gm paper is the most ‘popular’, and at about £65 for 5000 not too pricey.
    300gm art board is another £100 on top (£165 for 5000) but would the thicker card simply be unnecessary? I’m sure business cards are 300gm, and that’s pretty thick…

What would STW do?

DrP

andyrm
    Free Member

Business cards tend to be 350Gsm upwards.

Under 250gsm is a ballache to get through letterboxes as it crumples rather than slides.

check out http://www.print carrier.com for good prices.

choppersquad
    Free Member

150gsm silk would be OK if it’s just for general flyers.
    I’m sure the catchy design will be far more important to anyone who has one put through their door.

project
    Free Member

I use 120 g for leaflet drops, pre fold them first saves a load of time,and fold outwards so they can see what your advertising also 2 sided printing adds more words for the little cost,eg location map, money off voucher ,special offer etc.

DrP

Both the above prices are for double sided..

DrP

CountZero

For throwaway flyers no heavier than 120gsm, 100 or 110 would be fine. A decent letterhead paper wouldn’t be more than around 120gsm, on something like Conqueror Wove, and that’s far too good for flyers.
    I’d say stick with 100gsm.
    Stet: are these going to be glossy? If so, then yes 135gsm coated would be fine, a matt coated would be ok, too.
    I’m having to think back twenty-plus years to remember this stuff, I used to do it all the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What paper/card should I choose for printing flyers…?’ is closed to new replies.