Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What Panasonic Lumix Camers for Mountain Biking ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

TZ25 any good ?

What Lumix’s are you chaps using ?

Pondering this:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-lumix-lumix-dmc-tz25eb-k-advanced-compact-digital-camera-black-12300428-pdt.html

PS Dont care about GPS.

hugor
    Free Member

I would use a water resistant one for mtb. I also wasnt interested in the gps function.
    I had the Panasonic DMC FT2 for a while.
    It struggled in low light situations like forests. I drowned it recently in a pool.
    I just bought the Olympus tg1 which I think takes much better photos. It has a much faster lense f2.0 so is much better in low light.

Frankers
    Free Member

I have a Panasonic DMC FT3 which takes great photos

redthunder
    Free Member

@hugor

Olympus tg1 ,,, tad expensive for me.

redthunder
    Free Member

Mmmm
    Panasonic DMC-FT20

Worth thinking about and easier on the wallet.

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

I’ve got an LX3. Highly recommended by every review I’ve read and myself. There is an LX7 now with a F1.4 – F2.3 24-90mm lens.

AngusWells

DMC FT3. Drop it, swim with it, chuck it in the Camleback. Seems to cope with all I can throw at it.

AngusWells

In fact, here is a photo taken with the FT3 in harsh conditions. I havent got any of the bike underwater, sorry.

AlexSimon

If it were me, I’d sacrifice zoom length for more image quality and get an LX5 (they were discounted to around £250 recently).
    I’ve had an LX3 for ages now and really like it.

Just my 2c

(here’s a deal thread for it)
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx5-camera-249-delivered-f2-24mm-equiv-leica-lens-rrp-was-449-1261558

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have a waterproof case for my TZ5, so in theory I could mtb down to 40m underwater if needed:

waterproof case

I could mount it with one of these mounts from torchy:

camera mount for bike handlebar

so far though I have only used it for snorkeling, for which it has produced many excellent results, including HD movies of swimming with manta rays, turtles, eagle rays, sharks, octopus – notwithstanding the more mundane fish pictures.

tinribz
    Free Member

I’ve had an LX3 for ages now and really like it.

+1

The LX range is a totally different class to the TZs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What Panasonic Lumix Camers for Mountain Biking ?’ is closed to new replies.