Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What pads to use with XT M785 brakes? The Shimano fin ones?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m loathe to spend the, to my mind mental, money on Shimano fin design pads.

I couldn’t be happier with my brakes and don’t want to ruin the excellence for a few pounds on pads, but what do you run and are you happy with them.

My bike’s heavy, I’m light. I’ve never felt the brakes fade; I do have a 203mm floating rotor at the front and 180mm rear.

Opinions?

Thanks

cp

I’ve never used finned pads in mine, always shimano non finned or 3rd party.

No issues.

mintimperial

Never used the finned pads myself. I’ve had a touch of fade on them once and once only, at the very end of riding down the Llanberis path from the top of Snowdon, which is about as long a descent as you’ll find in the UK. 180/160 Ice Tech rotors, relatively light bike and light bloke. I think I’m currently using EBC pads, they work great.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Sintered superstar for me

shredder
    Free Member

Kevlar Superstar here

kayak23

Superstar here.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

Looks like superstar are the way to go.

matther01
    Free Member

Uberbike ones

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I have XT on three bikes.

For usual UK slop and grinding paste, superstar sintered.

For Alps trips on a big bike or something like Fort Bill DH, I haven’t found anything to better original Shimano organics (with or without fins).

Just got back from a week in Finale and also had XT on a big bike there, this time with Ashima semi-metalics. Very impressed with those and will give them a try back home now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What pads to use with XT M785 brakes? The Shimano fin ones?’ is closed to new replies.