Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What pads do Hope M4's come with?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hi

I need some help

A couple of weeks ago I bought and fitted a set of M4s
    They are great and Im very happy

I also bought some spare Hope sintered pads for when they inevitably died – like you do

Well as I had assumed they were organic (ie cheap) I decided to swap to my sintered pads tonight
    When I took out the original pads though I started to get confused

The replacement sintered Hopes are fitted to what looks like brass backing plates

The pads I took off (which squeal like buggery when wet) kind of look metal/sintered but are definitely not fitted to a brass mounting plate, its pretty black even allowing for a few rides

So people of STW can anyone tell me what pads M4s come with from the factory please?

Cheers

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

I'm sure I read in the Hope catalogue they machine the backs for their pads. So they must be ally.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Backing plates are deffo steel – I just tested them with a magnet. I think they come as standard with organic pads but I am not sure Sintered ones have the brass coloured backing plate

iamsporticus
    Free Member

The extras I bought are definitely sintered and definitely come on brass looking backing plates

As I said Id assumed the standard pads were organic purely on cost grounds
    They come on black looking plates yet the pads themselves look a bit 'metally' unlike Shimano organic which look errrr organic

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What pads do Hope M4's come with?’ is closed to new replies.