Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • What other trail sanitisation have you seen?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

One of the first examples I ever saw was a fantastic final decent on the peak classic Baslow loop that went from Curber Edge down to Baslwo Village. They tarmaced it! Not sure a bit of heavy rain will improve that. The irony is, with a layer of wet leaves on it, it's suicidal down there now. (Not been there in so long now, it could be back to its original condition).

theflatboy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Ton – I don't know whether to be flattened or scared

probably the latter followed by the former, from what i've seen of the pics! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sustainable = meeting the needs of today without comprimising the needs of tomorrow.

So if a trail is made crap now it doesn't count as sustainable as it doesnt meet todays needs.

Places with lots of DH rund usualy get lots of local pixies, as tracks cut up they build new ones and the old ones fade away.

I'd rather have a wood with 25 badly made rooty/muddy tracks (Shladming, sp?) than 5 sanitized motorways (Willingden).

On the other hand I quite like places like Cannock, no technical challange, just flat out fun.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What other trail sanitisation have you seen?’ is closed to new replies.