Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • What other sports do you do apart from cycling? Any weird combo's?
  • ski
    Free Member

Is there any weird combo’s on here, that don’t complement each other, but you enjoy doing?

Hockey & cycling here, don’t go to well together tbh, astro is hell on my legs.

At least the league season is over for the summer, so I can enjoy cycling more…

McHamish
    Free Member

Thai boxing & snowboarding.

Although haven’t been snowboarding since I got married.

organic355
    Free Member

snowboarding & badminton (not together, would never find the shuttlecocks in the snow)

thehustler
    Free Member

used to do a load of judo, and skiing, the judo doesn’t really go with the biking as it builds alot of upper body strength that adds weight not really needed for cycling

TimP
    Free Member

Cycling and rugby. Spend ages trying to put weight on to play but it is mostly upper body so not much use on the bike.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Kayaking, swimming and cycling. Swimming helps with the kayaking more. Although the rain we have had recently it feels more like swimming when cycling!!

I guess swimming and kayaking helps upper body and shoulder strength which in turn helps with the bikes.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Darts, keeps the eye in for picking those gnarly lines on the trails! 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Used to be hockey and cycling, but now just cycling.

Have the odd game of squash again, and am (still) contemplating taking up running.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

cycling and skiing for me

I do spend quite a bit of time down the gym and in the pool but i dont really consider that sport as i dont push myself its just to keep fitness up in poor weather

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

slalom waterskiing. The biking helps with general fitness, but doesn’t do much towards the short explosive strength required.

squiff
    Free Member

Darts n Doms

Kevevs
    Free Member

competitive trolley pushing. I think I was on 52 little ones or 26 big ones at the last comp.

suthy
    Free Member

Golf and Paramotoring.

Houns

Play Golf now and then to keep my eye in

flyingmonkeycorps

Climbing and a bit of running.

Tracey

Snowboarding, only 9 weeks to go before our next trip and Abigale has to break her arm.
    Fell after landing off the box at Xscape on Friday night and snapped her radius just above her wrist guard

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Rugby.

wishiwascalledsteve

Climbing (summer and winter), odd bit of running, soon to be motorbikes aswell.
    Want to start skiing, but don’t think i can afford another expensive sport.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Running and swimming.I`m doing a tri in May…….
    And I have been knw to do a bt of salsa. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Not any more but when I spent a lot of time rowing I also did a lot of cycling – in fact that’s largely how I got into cycling since I used it as training.

It is quite amazing just how many of my ex-rowing mates who no longer row now cycle – it must be around 50-75% of them so there’s obviously a common attraction somewhere.

crazy-legs

There are sports other than cycling?! 😯

Used to do quite a bit of rock climbing and waterskiing. Stopped the waterskiing when the bastards banned it on Windermere (and I no longer live up there anyway), stopped the rock climbing for other reasons. Although I keep thinking about getting back into it, still got the shoes and kit.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Shooting.

ben1979
    Free Member

Whitewater Kayaking, Sea Kayaking, Climbing and hiking

Always good to have activities that are best in the rain and other best in the sunshine!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Frogging.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Judo and usually Thai Boxing, though no Thai Boxing just now, as I’m doing some weight training to see if it helps out the Judo.
    None of this is particularly beneficial to MTBing, of course.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Hockey and motorbike racing.

With MTB’ing taking care of the fitness side of things.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Motorcycle trail riding and event organising, shooting, hill walking are all thats still going apart form the bikes

Scamper
    Free Member

Is Bell Ringing a sport? 😆 😯

Colin-T

Used to play 5-a-side, surf and play squash (all badly).

Now I just salsa. (If its not a contact sport then you’re doing it wrong 😉 )

Neptune
    Free Member

Sailing and cycling

thepurist

Underwater hockey – only useful if you want to ride while holding your breath!

redthunder
    Free Member

Archery {mostly target only, the Roadie side of Archery. The GF does field Archery being the Mountain Bike version of Archery.}

Walking

Pool {anyone go a 5ft slate bed table for sell ?, vintage ?}

Xbox 360 Playing and PC Gaming 😉

Got a basketball court in the back garden.

Colouring In

gusamc
    Free Member

ditto, floorball(*sort of indoor hockey) and biking with odd surf when I can, which between them have stopped me playing x-a-side footie as my hamstrings are too short and can go on a full power kick …………

currently looking for a ‘stretching’ type sport

RealMan
    Free Member

Badminton and boxing, as well as road, unicycle, bmx, etc.

Training a couple times of week with the boxing during the winter makes me feel less guilty about not doing so many miles, and its bloody good fun.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Cycling and brazilian jiu-jitsu for me.

juan
    Free Member

Like many others on here Judo 😉
    While I was in the UK I start to climb as well…

Zoolander
    Free Member

Drowning worms and taking photos of overgrown goldfish

Although mountain biking seems to be completely taking over!

ps44
    Free Member

Biking and windsurfing. If it’s calm, I’m happy. If it’s windy, I’m happy. 😀
    (and running, swimming, circuits stuff too)

Castrol
    Free Member

As well as the cycling I also Fence, not the stolen goods version 😆 Completed levels 1 and 2 in Foil, 1 in Sabre and 1 in Epee. Current favourite is Epee, closely followed by Sabre if I have had a bad week!

Good strength required in legs so works well with the cycling.

Matt.

juan
    Free Member

ohh an englishman doing a french sport 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What other sports do you do apart from cycling? Any weird combo's?’ is closed to new replies.