Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What other exercise?
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

for a fat bloke??

Looking for something I can do alongside riding the bike (not at the same time obviously)

What do you do?

jota180
    Free Member

Run

andypaul99
    Free Member

ive found curcuit training very useful, most gyms and healthclubs offer a couple of sessions a week. prepare for hurt though!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Running, swimming, circuit training, weights session, body pump.

ElShalimo

jogging, football, hillwalking

woody2000

How fat are you BF? If you are genuinely fat, then running may not be the best thing for your joints until you’ve lost some weight. Low impact would be better – swimming etc.

Solo
    Free Member

for a fat bloke

Caveat:
    How fat are you BF? If you are genuinely fat, then running may not be the best thing for your joints until you’ve lost some weight.
    THIS

iainc

swimming is a very good comlimentary non weight bearing exercise to biking

zilog6128

I would recommend some form of resistance training (with weights or just your own bodyweight) to everyone who is capable of doing it. Very beneficial to overall health and extremely misunderstood by the vast majority of people (no, it will not make you look like Arnie, nor is that the only reason for doing it). Also great if you’re trying to lose weight as it will boost your metabolism!

righog
    Free Member

I recently bought a set of Kettle bell weights and keep them in the living room ( behind a chair) and most nights I have been doing a bit of resistance training, I got some ideas for what to do of Youtube. I realised that I needed to add a bit of resistance training as I get older, but due to old age and a heap of old injuries was not able to do normal weights. The movements with the kettle bells seem a lot more natural and so far no injuries.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What other exercise?’ is closed to new replies.