Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What other 1×10 options for a 120/80 BCD X0 2×10 crank?
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

In short, the odd BCD on these cranks makes it hard to get chainrings, especially single rings smaller than 36t suitable for 1×10.

The best solution however has come from MRP who have come up with a spiderless single ring, replacing the existing spider.

Great… but they’re out of stock almost everywhere, especially in 34t. MRP tell me there’s been huge demand and they don’t know when they’ll be shipping more. i.e. months waiting.

Looked at Homebrewed Components who do the same kind of thing, but they make them to order taking a couple of months, and they’re not offset rings unlike the MRP which apparently rules them out for use with a chain device, or so some say.

Renthal do a 120 bcd chainring designed for the existing spider, but only goes down to 36t which is too big for me. Plus they’re out of stock also, not due for several weeks.

What other options have I got?

I’m thinking bin the X0 crank and get a 1x dedicated crank, or a cheap 2x or 3x crank that uses a sensible size BCD and convert it 1×10.

Unless I can get just a replacement spider for the X0. Ideal would be the spider from the X0 1×10 crank, but without spending £350 on the cranks!

mlucas666
    Free Member

I’m thinking bin the X0 crank and get a 1x dedicated crank, or a cheap 2x or 3x crank that uses a sensible size BCD and convert it 1×10.

This.

The 120BCD is the reason I got rid of my X9 crankset.

I got a standard 3x crankset with a far more sensible 104 bcd and fitted it with a Hope Ring/Bash for my 1x setup.

njee20
    Free Member

Just wait for the MRP ones?

monogramman
    Free Member

I’m not sure on your X0 cranks, but on my X9 cranks I have fitted a sram X0 dh spider like this
    http://www.descent-gear.com/truvativ-spider-for-x0dh-chainset-single-speed-p-17045.html

And now run 1×10 with a guide and clutch mech.

I did actually take off the original spider and cut/grind it to take a 104 bcd ring. It worked perfect tbh and was lighter than the new replacement.

deadkenny
    Free Member

@njee20 – MRP have no idea when. Their UK distributor says 15th October but their facebook guy says they’ve been in high demand and can’t give an ETA on the new production run. Kind of wanted something now 😀 , but could just resign myself to waiting. Just if it comes October and then they say it will be another month, and so on, then it’s too long.

@monogramman – that could work. Been looking for the ‘conversion kit’ that SRAM claim they do but couldn’t find it, but that could do the job. Not as neat as the MRP though, but cheap. Sadly also not in stock.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What other 1×10 options for a 120/80 BCD X0 2×10 crank?’ is closed to new replies.