Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What online spoke length calculator, please?
  • ourmaninthenorth

Making my first early forays into wheelbuilding. About to build the wheelpro truing stand. Have some hubs to re-rim (frustratingly they have different rims!).

druidh
    Free Member
    DrP

Just use 26.2mm spokes…..It’ll work.
    Probably…

DrP

MrBlond
    Free Member
    ourmaninthenorth

cheers.

druidh – seems that I need to measure stuff, unless I’m not using it properly. I sort of just want an answer at first – thinking to come later..!

thomthumb
    Free Member

seems that I need to measure stuff

measuring is always best. some quoted sizes are a bit off.

some manufacturers (mavic, i’m looking at you) guard the size of their rims like it was a state secret, then publish some weird dimension anyway!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve used the DT one to good effect a couple of times now.

D0NK

Used DT spoke calculator a few times now, using DT’s, hope’s and stan’s quoted specs have worked so far.

ourmaninthenorth

Nice one. Cheers.

OK, this weekend’s task is to build the truing stand. Then new rims, spokes and nipples and the first build will be under way..!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I use the DT one, don’t stress too much about it being exact, most shops only sell spokes in 2mm increments anyway. Unless you’re using alloy nipples in which case getting the spoke as far in as possible is a good idea (and they’ll still break).

ourmaninthenorth

TINAS – do you mean to buy the nearest length up from whatever the calculator produces?

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

No, round down – the spokes will stretch a wee bit and the rim will compress too

ourmaninthenorth

Cool – thanks!

wrecker
    Free Member

How do you know what length nipples to buy?
    This is good for stans rims.
    http://www.notubes.com/literature/hub%20spoke%20chart.pdf

Speshpaul
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What online spoke length calculator, please?’ is closed to new replies.